Strategic Project Manager
MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
We are searching for a Strategic Project Manager who will be responsible for leading key growth initiatives to support the success and scalability of the operational aspects of MineralTree’s flagship Invoice-to-Pay solution. Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Payment Operations, this highly strategic and facilitative role requires the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented, highly visible environment where many complex situations need to be handled simultaneously.
- Lead various projects that will support the growth and scalability of MineralTree, such as:
- Searching for new partners to improve delivery of our services, which will include researching vendors, initiating conversations with these vendors, making a recommendation to the team, developing a transition plan, and then coordinating execution of that plan
- Building a dashboard of metrics for the payment operations team to monitor payment quality and virtual credit card spend by understanding goals, gathering and evaluating data, selecting key metrics, determining reporting frequency, and creating processes to track and act upon insights gleaned from the metrics
- Directly contribute to such projects as needed to ensure successful completion
- Report on the progress of key projects to senior management
- Act as a thought leader within the organization on what projects should be undertaken
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- Experience leading, managing, and contributing to cross-functional projects
- Highly resourceful with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A self-starter who enjoys working with data and people in equal measure
- Experience with SQL and/or other analytical tools a plus!
- Interest in being part of a fast-paced and growing culture
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.