Strategic Client Director at Workhuman
As a Strategic Client Director on the Strategic Accounts Team, you play a critical role in leading the strategy to grow our strategic accounts. This position is an opportunity for you to create lasting relationships while growing the business, which will empower you to deliver your life’s best work.
This role will be customer facing and will liaise significantly with C level employees within our accounts and our executive team. You will support and strengthen the management of the on-going strategic relationship and further development of your clients. This role will create high level partnerships and maximize growth potential for all managed accounts.
While the position is highly sales-driven, the ability to grow relationships and understand the internal operations and development of clients’ processes and business procedures is equally critical. The Strategic Client Director will build the vision of both short and long term goals while signing new deals and growing customer investment.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced sales professional who has broad expertise in customer relationship management and strategic growth. The ideal candidate will have enterprise account management experience, extensive experience working with and/or selling within the HR function, understand what it takes to deploy enterprise software (preferably in a SaaS environment), be well-versed in cross team coordination, have relationship management expertise building lasting relationships with customers and be a strategic thinker.
Reporting to: Vice President of Strategic Accounts
Location: Remote, United States
What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead the development strategy for existing accounts while growing and building strong, long lasting relationships with high level personnel
- Handle the negotiation, creation and renewal of customer contracts
- Upsell, cross sell and renew accounts for top customers ensuring smooth growth transition
- Strategically position high level accounts by establishing and strengthening relationships with senior level clients
- Outline and execute a clear growth plan for all accounts while fine-tuning and redeveloping as necessary
- Build, grow and liaise relationships between accounts and internal executive level
- Maximize the success of all accounts
- Consistently live up to Workhuman’s core values and be a true role model to the team
- Understand the organizational structure of the client company, while ensuring that we maintain strategic partnerships across all areas of the client company in order to maximize our “deep roots” within each client account
- Ability to quickly assess and become highly knowledgeable about a particular client situation, including ways to strengthen and build utilization of the WH Cloud
- Become a strategic partner to all clients you directly and indirectly manage
- Be an expert in our company messaging and be able to have senior level conversations concerning the benefit and impact of global strategic recognition including sighting results attained and example stories regarding other clients services by Workhuman
- Serve in a highly visible, client-facing role which requires excellent oral and written communication skills
- Maintain detailed knowledge of Workhuman’s products and services
The Skills You Will Bring:
- Positive attitude and energy, with a passion for building relationships
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proven management skills
- 10+ years of field sales experience with a demonstrated ability to manage complex programs for Fortune 500 customers
- Proficient in SalesForce.com, Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience communicating with all levels of employees both internally and externally
- Demonstrated experience employing exceptional customer relationship management skills
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, high-intensity, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to achieve results by effectively communicating and building rapport
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills required to document and communicate with internal and external resources
- Ability to work in a seamless team with field sales, technical, marketing and operations personnel
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail required to ensure accuracy and effective execution
- Demonstrated project management skills in managing solutions for Fortune 500 customers
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter
- Excellent follow-up skills with great attention to detail
- Ability and comfort in chairing on-site live meetings and virtual webinars to large groups of people either customer facing or internal in nature
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time
Who We Are:
Culture creators. Visionaries. Innovators. Game changers and changemakers. A Unicorn or two … That’s who we are at Workhuman®. We love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work – and the world – through our people and global technology. We’re building cultures of gratitude and human connections for leading global brands – and that starts with our own. Here you can be yourself, learn and grow with some of the best people you’ll ever meet. Be inspired to do your best work, celebrate life’s most meaningful moments and truly experience the benefits of an award-winning workplace and caring culture rooted in respect and gratitude. This is the place where you can make a positive difference to colleagues, customers and the world every day. You might just be the next human we’re looking for – because all the things that make you human and unique are the very reasons you belong here!
Pioneer of the Workhuman movement, Workhuman makes work more human for millions of people and organizations worldwide. Today, Workhuman is the leading provider of human applications, including its award-winning Social Recognition solution. Through its WorkHuman Cloud suite of products, companies can strengthen employee performance and relationships between people and teams on a more positive, socially connected level – in tune with how work gets done today. Founded in 1999, the company is headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.
- Workhuman® is used by millions of employees across 160 countries.
- Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
- We are #2 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2018 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe.
- Check out our state-of-the-art offices in Framingham, MA and Dublin, Ireland.
Perks & Benefits for our Happy Healthy Humans:
- Comprehensive Health Plans
- Fully paid parental leave (12-week maternity/4-week paternity) effective day 1
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter bus from downtown Boston
- On-site fitness center
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements
- Fully stocked kitchen (cold brew on tap - snacks and coffee machines as far as the eye can see…)
- Regular celebrations for employees, families and special guests