Sr. Strategic Project Manager at Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
Grubhub Logistics is currently hiring a Sr. Manager of Regulatory and Risk Operations. This individual will be responsible for partnering and leading initiatives impacting GH Drivers and delivery operations related to safety, compliance, and regulatory affairs. This position will both manage sustainable compliance processes as well as implement new initiatives that benefit GH Drivers related to Health and Safety, Risk Aversion, and State/ Local Regulations. This is a growing area of our business and provides the right individual a strong growth path and ability to grow out a team underneath them.
At Grubhub, we strive to achieve and maintain the Grubhub experience: the most transparent, fastest, lowest cost, highest quality, and most precise delivery network in the world. We are looking for an experienced leader to help deliver this vision and lead the strategy for the Logistics team. As a Sr. Manager of Regulatory and Risk Operations on the Logistics Team, you will:
- Develop strategic plans to improve efficiency of our compliance and safety operations including Background Checks, Document and Identity Verification and 1099 Form Distribution.
- Perform analysis and make recommendations pertaining to areas of risk in Driver Operations.
- Partner with Public Policy leaders to ensure adherence to state and local level regulations.
- Identify opportunities to provide our drivers best in class health and safety perks.
- Partner with Driver Onboarding and Acquisition to improve and balance the funnel experience.
- Work with key stakeholders on new initiatives including alcohol delivery and similar offerings.
- Develop a culture that drives engagement and embraces diversity and inclusion.
- Monitor Performance metrics relative to conversion and sustainability of our programs linked to risk and compliance.
- Keep the Logistics organization up to date on Federal and State regulations.
- Determine the short and long term priorities and requirements for Logistics to stay compliant and competitive while ensuring full alignment to Grubhub’s vision and goals.
- Drive continuous improvement to ensure we continually enhance the Grubhub experience - automation is a top priority.
- Build strong relationships across product, engineering, support, and other Grubhub teams - collaboration is key as we move fast and need to work together to get things done.
What You Bring to the Table
- 8+ years experience in strategy, operations, engineering, analytics, or logistics
- Ability to translate risk findings into action items or communications to leadership
- Understanding of legal and compliance concepts
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality
- Superior flexibility and ability to navigate (and help others succeed in) an ever-changing environment with moving business targets
- Advanced level understanding in operational metrics, process improvement, and data analysis in Excel pivot tables and Tableau -- SQL is a plus
- Experience working w/ technical systems help drive a best-in-class technology platform
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.