Sr Manager, Technical Alliances at VMware Carbon Black
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment. Security is an intrinsic capability across the VMware portfolio and critical priority for growth. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
This role will sit in VMWare's Security Business Unit, VMWare Carbon Black; a leader in cloud-native endpoint protection dedicated to keeping the world safe from cyberattacks. The VMware Carbon Black Cloud consolidates endpoint protection and IT operations into an endpoint protection platform (EPP) that prevents advanced threats, provides actionable insight and enables businesses of all sizes to simplify operations.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Senior Manager of Technical Alliances will be responsible for driving VMware Security Business Unit’s (SBU) overall technical alliance program. The successful candidate will have the ability to establish partner relationships at the executive level, negotiate agreements, build joint plans, and drive field engagement and related marketing projects. This individual will be a key resource for VMware SBU Field Sales organization and will assist with Meet in the Channel marketing initiatives. This role requires effective cross-functional leadership, strong security DNA, and excellent communication skills to establish relationships and drive consensus across multiple groups within SBU and our partner organizations and ecosystem.
- Build and manage VMware SBU Technical Alliance Program
- Continue to morph alliance program to complement and ultimately integrate with VMware’s overall TAP program
- Develop and execute against plans with technical alliance partners and global OEMs
- Develop and execute strategy to educate and enable SBU sales team
- Meet or exceed overall business development bookings and revenue goals
- Represent VMware SBU value propositions and solutions to partner executives and field staff
- Plan, coordinate, and deliver in-person and web-based solution overviews and high-level product demos
- Work closely with VMware Channel team to drive Meet in the Channel marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with VMware Marketing on demand-gen events with ecosystem partners as well as collateral creation (e.g. joint solution briefs)
- Coordinate with VMware Legal to process new partner agreements
- 10+ yearrs of Business Development and/or Tech Alliance Management experience in the security field
- Extensive Business Development experience, including building and managing technical alliance program
- Extensive security DNA; endpoint experience a plus but not required
- Ability to manage inbound and outbound OEMs
- Hands-on field sales enablement experience (alliances)
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to clearly and effectively articulate VMware SBU value
- Ability to coordinate SBU resources and work closely with product management
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Alliance Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-05-12
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.