Software Technical Program Manager at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:16 p.m. (EST) on Friday, March 27, 2020
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500.
Our software technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing. As part of the Software Engineering team, you would be helping to lead the scaling and growth of our 3D printing platform involving end-customer applications and IoT services. The Software team is highly cross-functional, and you will have ample opportunity to get involved in and take ownership of projects that interest you.
Markforged is seeking a talented and motivated Technical Software Program Manager who will be part of the Program Management team. The Program Manager will be responsible for managing the development of new software products that enhance our user’s 3D printing experiences. From Machine Learning/AI to enabling customers to print better, faster, & stronger with a world-class user experience; this role will drive exciting new projects from the initial planning/scoping phases all the way through launch.
In this role you will:
- Responsible for effectively initiating, planning, scheduling, forecasting, coordinating, controlling, managing and delivering all activities for projects and related release initiatives
- Serve as the primary conduit for projects/programs, between all functional organizations across the value chain
- Oversee the day-to-day progress of project(s) and Software release process with regard to time, budget, scope and quality and apply processes to report release status, key metrics and deliverables
- Collaborate with product managers, as well as colleagues in engineering and design, to gather requirements and task out work
- Maintain clear systems of documentation, ensuring that all product decisions are well-documented
- Coordinate with members of the product team to establish timelines for release of software features
- Identify the components of a release which will require documentation and work with Content/Documentation to push material on schedule with the related release
- Communicate with support prior to every release, ensure they have the resources they need to successfully support the release
- Coordinate and account for impacts to Operations (new parts getting shipped, new devices, new materials) when making a new release
- Coordinate with Marketing to drive communications to the customer, VAR and internal communications highlighting impactful changes.
- Support Marketing and Product in training sales on significant releases
- Manage the project risk register and associated mitigation plan.
- Coordinate and communicate project status regularly to project teams, stakeholders across the value chain and the management team
- Continuously improve team processes and tools in the spirit of Agile project management and lean operations
- Team Management, holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work
- Promote empowerment of the team, mentoring team members where necessary
Demonstrate leadership by working with representatives from Product Management, Content, Documentation, Support, Marketing, Operations, and Sales to prioritize and negotiate internal resource allocation to formulate a release plan. This would include:
What we look for:
- 5-7 years of Software program management experience, specifically in the areas of SaaS is required
- Strong background in hardware and software integration
- Program management experience in advanced development or the development of new technologies using both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience with Phase Gate product deliveries
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Strong systems-level critical thinking skills
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or technology required
- Experience with Gantt and task management tools; PMP preferred
- Jira working knowledge/experience preferred
- Experience working in a startup and growth environment is a plus.
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description