Senior Technical Project Manager (Data Warehouse, Data Migration) at Thrasio
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:12 p.m. (EST) on Friday, February 11, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager, you will manage globally distributed, cross-functional software engineering projects. You will be responsible for the execution and success of projects that are critical to the transformation of Thrasio’s technology foundation.
- Oversee large scale projects that are highly technical and cross-functional in nature, primarily in the Data Engineering space
- Accountable for roadmap delivery of your projects, including adoption and success as defined by your stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather business requirements and define objectives
- Manage and communicate risks and dependencies across work streams while proactively collaborating to ensure timely resolution
- Facilitate scrum meetings for the team to support decision making and conflict resolution
- Support team in grooming, backlog maintenance, requirements prioritization and planning Use metrics and data visualization to report progress and support data-driven decision making
- Report on project status to stakeholders and leadership
What you bring to the party:
- Overall 10+ years of relevant experience, with 7+ years of technical project management expertise
- Good understanding of data-related technologies, databases, SQL and industry-standard analytics tools (eg. Power BI)
- Experience with large Data Warehouse Migration projects is a must (specifically Amazon RedShift and / or Snowflake)
- Experience in leading cross functional teams, stakeholder management, vendor management and SoW preparation
- Experience communicating and working directly with Sr level stakeholders and managing steering committees
- Experience in Scrum/Agile techniques such as creating epics, stories, estimating, prioritization, backlog grooming, MVP identification, sprint planning, product roadmaps etc.
- Experience with Agile tooling suite (JIRA, Confluence etc.)
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to drive alignment
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions and make recommendations
Nice to have but not required:
- PMP and/or Scrum Master Certification
- 2+ years of experience as a practicing Scrum Master
- Experience using Smart Sheets and its integration with JIRA
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.