Senior Supply Chain Manager, Due Diligence and Special Projects at Thrasio
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:11 p.m. (EST) on Friday, February 11, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned supply chain professional who’s eager to solve complex problems and work on a varied and exponentially growing portfolio of leading consumer products. The Senior Supply Chain Manager, Due Diligence & Special Projects is primarily responsible for leading the development and execution of a structured and disciplined approach to perform supply chain due diligence to map assets, resources, systems, processes and partnerships pre-acquisition to ensure sound understanding of risks, opportunities to prepare for business continuity and capture expected value from the acquisitions. You and your teams will also manage in the short term the supply chain operational side of acquired companies during transitions and migrations
Some key responsibilities:
- Lead Supply Chain Due Diligence activities in coordination with the Merger & Acquisitions, Supply Chain Integration & Operations, Quality Assurance, Legal, Brand Managers teams, Sellers, Suppliers and Service Providers to get a clear understanding of acquired products, brands in scope as well as the acquired supply chain footprint (suppliers, sub-suppliers, service providers, collaborators, freight forwarders, 3PLs and warehouses, personnel, systems, processes, etc.)
- Assess Supply Chain Due Diligence risks, translate these risks into business impacts and develop appropriate mitigation strategies to help develop an appropriate transition and optimization plan
- Lead and supervise inventory planning and management activities during the migration phase to ensure inventory is at an acceptable level to meet business continuity and growth plans
- Coordinate with suppliers and all stakeholder’s migration Purchase Orders, cross-broader logistics and 3PL operations
- Support development and implementation of efficient transition plans for smooth handover to supply transition & operations teams
- Ensure that all products manufactured and/or delivered by suppliers meet quality and quantity requirements, collaborating closely with the quality assurance team
- Ensure that suppliers’ products, manufacturing materials, and processes meet all safety, regulatory, and compliance requirements both in country of manufacture and in markets of purchase
- Partner with Responsible Sourcing team to facilitate acquisition responsible sourcing due diligence
- Project management, Special projects
- Lead Supply Chain special projects as assigned by leadership
- Team Management & Training
- Managing a team of local & remote resources, overseeing training for assigned supply chain coordinators, and developing quality Supply Chain training materials
What you bring to the party:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field such as engineering, supply chain, business administration, or finance from a top tier university
- 7-10 years+ of relevant supply chain management, global sourcing, warehousing, e-fulfilment, and procurement and inventory planning experience with demonstrated success in positions of increasing complexity. Deep understanding of global supply chain risks & opportunities
- 5 years of professional consulting or relevant industry experience, with a minimum of five years specializing in Mergers and Acquisition supply chain due diligence activities within a fast-past structured large retail or e-commerce global organization. Experience working for or with private equity sponsors, portfolio companies, or related transaction / merger integration experience is preferred.
- 5 years’ experience working with a wide range of hardline and softline consumer goods (textile, bedding, electronics, kitchenware, small appliances, sports and outdoors, toys, home & garden, automotive accessories, medical devices, nutrition, health & wellness, Pet Care, etc.)
- Previous strategy and change management experience. Supply Chain Advisory experience from a top-tier Supply Chain strategy firm, leading specialist, niche advisory firm, or Big-4 consultancy
- Excellent fact-gathering and analytical skills, including business process mapping and quantitative analysis
- Strong negotiation, project management, and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and innovative individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to lead and influence change in the face of complexity and ambiguity.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, goal oriented, dynamic organization with time-sensitive timelines
- Flexibility to travel 5-10% domestically
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.