Senior Strategy & Transformation Manager at Vistaprint
We are Vistaprint, a member of the Cimpress family (NASDAQ: CIMPR), the world leader for mass-customized marketing products, serving almost 20 million small and medium sized businesses locally in 20+ countries. Working across the globe in a truly international team, we are shaping the digital revolution in printing and mass customization. Over the past 25 years, we grew from startup to $2.75 billion in annual revenue and are confident that we still have a huge, multi-year growth opportunity ahead of us. Our confidence is driven by two primary factors: firstly, ~80% of the market segment for small businesses’ marketing materials is still served through traditional offline channels, often lacking the convenience and cost advantages from greater scale that we can offer our customers. Secondly, there is a significant opportunity to accelerate our activity in adjacent product segments such as packaging, apparel, signage, or corporate line of business accounts. We are a profitable business with an entrepreneurial mindset, and throughout our history we have proven our commitment to investing for long-term horizons.
Since our inception, Vistaprint has sought to disrupt our market and to build a transformational and enduring business. Over the past 20 years, we have reinvented ourselves frequently in service of this mission. Change is in our DNA.
It is an exciting time to join Vistaprint as our founder, Robert Keane, recently stepped back in to lead Vistaprint as CEO and, is building out a new executive team. Together with all employees, we are renewing the company’s focus on delighting customers, fostering an entrepreneurial culture and accelerating our world-class capabilities.
We have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. Vistaprint’s vision of helping small business owners live their dreams is exciting and inspirational. In order to capitalize on our opportunity, we have embarked on a transformation journey to deliver “jaw-dropping customer value”. This transformation journey will lead us to achieve world-class technology, services, and innovation, and create an environment where our team members are inspired and enabled to do their best work
To guide this, we have built a Transformation Office to oversee this company wide shift and are looking for versatile leaders to help manage our transition.
In support of this transformation, we are hiring change agents to execute cross-functional project management and agile coaching across all functions of Vistaprint. Reporting to the head of the Transformation Office, the transformation Sr. Manager role will work cross-functionally with many facets of the VistaPrint organization. Similar to a consulting role, projects will change every 1-2 quarters depending on complexity. Projects can span a number of topics but can include, organizational strategy, process strategy, project management of strategic initiatives, training new leaders on agile ways of working and many other opportunities.
- Building the scope, project plan and project management framework of a given initiative
- Executing the discovery phase of a given initiative inclusive of identifying and tying data to support a project scope
- Executing internal interviews with Vistaprint team members at all levels of the organization
- Facilitating strategy sessions with General Managers or leaders of a business function (i.e. marketing, finance, etc.)
- Building recommendations based on facts, industry insights and internal data
- Gaining buy in across multiple layers of the Vistaprint Organization
- Presenting initiative to C Suite level executives
- Master’s degree; MBA strongly preferred
- 4+ years of prior experience in strategy, management consulting, finance, or as a GM
- Creativity in solving problems and generating innovative solutions
- Strong business acumen, financial skills, and analytical abilities
- The ability to drive change management and influence change across teams
- Deep aptitude for numbers, ability to understand complex business, product strategies, develop strategic frameworks as well as translate key themes and tactics into understandable, executable components and messages
- Strong PM skills: ability to drive multiple high profile projects, effective leverage all resources to drive results, create excellent processes
- Well-honed written, verbal and creative communication skills, including ability to translate insight into content, create slide or written presentations, create overall communication plans, and present to Board members
- Recognized thought leader and innovator in the development of new tools, methodologies and problem solving approaches
- Articulate, persuasive, communicator. Commands the room, handles executive and difficult audiences well. Skilled at defining, motivating and driving change at executive levels and across the broader community of stakeholders.
- Driving Results: an excellent understanding of costs and benefits and an ability to use that understanding to prioritize activities.
- Customer Mindset: ideally brings experience in serving and innovating on behalf of small business customers
- Driving Change: Highly trusted individual; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; experience with change management to help change mindsets and behaviors across the organization
- Building Capability:
- Self-starter, hands-on entrepreneurial mindset; comfortable to take controlled risks and drive experimentation and learning
- Ability to scale and devise processes that support fast, decentralized decision making
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.