Senior Strategy Advancement Professional (Medicaid Business Development, Project Management exp.) Louisville, KY at Humana Studio_h
The Senior Strategy Advancement Professional provides data-based strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities. Provides business intelligence and strategic planning support for business segments or the company at large. The Senior Strategy Advancement Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Strategy Advancement Professional leads initiatives to analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources. Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts to identify, interpret, and produce recommendations and plans based on company and external data analysis. Ensures that policies and procedures align with corporate vision. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring efficient operation of the function. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Lead market and regulatory landscape analysis in prospective new markets to inform Medicaid growth strategy.
- Develop materials for internal and external presentations and communications regarding Humana’s business goals, market strategy, policy, positioning, and outcomes in the Medicaid and Dual Eligible marketplace.
- Coordinate business partners and collaborate with Medicaid and Medicare leadership to develop, maintain, and support execution of market-specific growth strategies.
- Develop strategies to exceed regulatory requirements and successfully position Humana’s Medicaid/LTSS/Duals products in the marketplace.
- Attend professional conferences to enhance knowledge and understanding.
- Engage in stakeholder and provider/association level relationship development meetings in current and prospective new markets.
- Translate state administrative code language and procurement requirements to understand states’ long-term goals.
- Oversee project plans, project schedules, resource assignment matrixes, etc. at the outset of each bid.
- Drive timely completion of internal/external deliverables by cross functional project team.
- Track project status and report on progress to leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in a Medicaid or Medicare Managed Care Organization
- 1 - 3 years’ experience leading projects & cross functional teams
- 1 - 3 years’ consulting experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Ability to operate in a faced paced environment under tight deadlines
- Flexible scheduling (i.e. – occasional nights and weekends)
- Master’s Degree (MBA or MPH preferred)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Medicare/Medicaid Strategy or Business Development
- Project Management and Process Improvement qualifications
•Schedule: M-F 8:30-5:30pm. Peak periods: some evenings and weekend work
•Training: No formal training program/timeline
•Address: Preferably Louisville (101 S. 5th St.), open to consider strong candidates nationwide to WAH
•Travel: 10% -20%
•Direct Reports: n/a
The following policy applies ONLY to associates working in the state of Arizona:
Humana is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment and to promoting the health and well-being of its associates. Effective July 1, 2011, Humana adopted a tobacco-free hiring policy that will promote a healthier workplace and will not hire users of tobacco and nicotine products. If you have any questions, please consult with your recruiter.