Senior Scrum Master at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between the development teams in multiple geographies. Track all aspects of the engineering process, including development milestones, QA progress, documentation impact, and release schedules.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure
Education: BS in computer science or related discipline
Years of Experience: 5+
- Experience as a scrum master
- Experience writing user stories and developing and reviewing requirements with stakeholders.
- Experience with SDLC lifecycle management
- Experiencing coaching team members on Agile best practices
- Experience with Jira or other story management and bug management software
- Experience reporting team schedules, status, risks and issues to executives
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with security aware development including threat and risk analysis
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Proven ability to run scrum teams
- Familiar with agile development
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Good working knowledge of development workflow systems such as Atlassian Tools Set
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Talent Acquisition Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.