Senior Project Manager
Extension Engine (EE) is driving the digital transformation of adult learning. We have a remarkable workplace - we respect and trust our exceptional colleagues for their talent, expertise, and potential. Our Project Management team is responsible for coordinating the work of all those amazing team members, and for ensuring we deliver excellent work that is well-aligned with our clients’ needs.
Those clients are just as cool as our team members. Imagine helping leading universities build the next generation of their award-winning online learning platforms, or supporting innovative nonprofits in their quests to solve some of society’s most pressing problems through creative learning solutions.
As a Senior Project Manager, you'll have the unique opportunity to shape both our present-day delivery process as well as our future client experience. You'll manage key client engagements from the Design & Planning phase through delivery. You'll also help hone and refine our project and engagement management processes and tools to enable us to continually tackle more and more complex challenges in adult learning.
What you'll do:
- Launch amazing, successful online learning experiences by leading a multidisciplinary team of experts in strategy, learner experience design, UX/UI design, development/QA, program management, devops, and marketing.
- Develop project timelines and resource plans and track overall project health (staff time and expenses) to ensure the project is delivered on time and budget.
- Manage complete project delivery, including requirements gathering, development planning (including the full software development lifecycle), resource management and, ultimately, delivery that leads to a successful online learning initiative.
- Serve as the day-to-day representative of EE to our clients.
- Represent us well, and manage both strategy and risk as EE understands our clients’ priorities and constraints, and serve as our clients’ advocate within the project team.
- Help further refine and optimize the EE methodology of defining and delivering innovative online learning systems.
Who you are:
- Great management skills – Ability to lead teams of technical, non technical, and creative membersSolid grasp of the agile software development process, including requirements gathering, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and running effective demos and retrospectives.
- Storyteller - Great verbal and written communication skills – Comfortable working with and presenting to clients, prospects and senior stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver projects within schedule and budget
- Embrace an “always be learning” attitude and work culture.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and adeptly manage competing priorities and organizational changes to match the evolving online education market.
- Excited to drive the success of a truly unique company.
- 5+ years experience in project management in a digital technology environment.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably MBA or graduate degree in a management or product/tech fields.
What we offer:
- Extension Engine’s guiding principle is to “Do the Right Thing.” This means for our clients and our team members.
- Our connections---our relationships---are our most valuable assets and at Extension Engine, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with a group of curious, humble, transparent, and quirky people who are laser focus on outcomes.
- At the end of the day, we know that people don’t live to work, they work to live. That’s why we support each other’s personal priorities. Our current team members are mom and dads, woodworkers, apple sauce canners, marathon runners, international trekkers, and accomplished musicians---just to name a few.
- We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k with a generous match, gym cost sharing, and flexible paid time off.
- We have a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other’s unique perspectives, backgrounds, and abilities, and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Who we are:
Extension Engine is a services firm that helps higher education institutions, nonprofit organizations, and learning businesses create Custom Learning Experiences — online learning as unique as their vision and brand. We deliver by working closely with our clients to imagine the best solutions for their learners and business. We urge our clients to rethink every aspect of the learning landscape in order to help them design a unique vision. We then build innovative educational solutions to meet their vision while being agnostic about technology. We help our clients grow by building internal knowledge and capacity — through launching the program, co-operating, and then transferring — thereby enabling them to expand on what we’ve created together, with or without us.