Senior Project Manager - Digital at Dawn Foods Innovation Hub
Dawn Food Products, Inc. is the world's largest privately owned, global bakery supplier with annual sales of over $1 billion, and over 4,000 people working in more than 70 countries. We have operations in the U.S., United Kingdom, Europe, Mexico, Canada and Brazil. Dawn's proven recipe for success is built on our Circle of Excellence that includes: outstanding, hard-working People who develop and produce consistently high-quality Products that exceed the expectations of our Customers around the world. Our culture drives global growth by embracing diversity while encouraging constant learning and continuous professional development. Dawn People enjoy great benefits, competitive wages and an excellent working environment. Dawn Food Products is an equal employment opportunity company.
Dawn Foods is looking for a great Project Management talent to be one of the first ten hires in our new Digital Innovation Hub. We are a leading global bakery manufacturing and distribution organization with almost 100 years of history at the beginning of our digital journey. The Boston office has a mandate to develop and execute Dawn's digital strategy, including the B2B platform roadmap, the enabling technologies to bring it to market, and the monetization opportunities that the platform can deliver. You could be one of the charter members of the Digital Innovation Hub with a strong voice around how we work and what outcomes we drive.
This role will have a direct and tangible impact on our Digital team, our company, and our customers. The chosen candidate will lead and collaborate on complex, multi-disciplinary projects using your project, and program expertise and work across a broad spectrum of Dawn, including key members of the Marketing, IT, Distribution, and Sales teams. Come join a team of Boston digital experts for this unique opportunity as we build a digital start-up within a global organization and transform the business for future growth. The Senior Project Manager will report to the Senior Director, Product Management and will be expected to maintain project schedule, project staffing, status and financial accountability per Dawn PMO standards.
What you will do:
- Implement and guide projects through PMO processes and policies, oversee work of project staff, and work with other leaders to define, prioritize, and develop technical strategies and solutions
- Build valued working relationships with technical subject matter experts across teams as well as with stakeholders and senior management
- Manage the integration and interoperation of solutions with parallel supporting Enterprise Applications and Digital environments
- Coordinate and manage platform development and integrated release management for sustained solution development and deployment
- Collaborate on the development of ROI models, launch criteria, marketing, and project prioritization
- Provide coordination of all resources, both internal and external, to deliver successful projects on time and within budget
- Manage and communicate delivery dates, key milestones, risk mitigation and status, leveraging PMO designated tools as appropriate
- Facilitate project and process meetings face-to-face and via conference calls as needed
- Work with IT teams and other subject matter experts on completion of system, integration, performance, security, regression, and user acceptance testing
- Work with trainers, project team, end users and end user support team to develop and implement training and support programs to ensure acceptance and effective use of the new processes and systems
- BS/BA in a technical or business-related discipline preferred, with relevant work experience
- 5 to 7 years of successful technical/business systems project management experience, preferably in a digital/B2B-eCommerce business unit
- Competency in project and program management, budgeting, scheduling, risk management and task estimation, PMP certification preferred
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with developers to build and manage complex technology delivery programs. B2B manufacturing and distribution experience a plus.
- Direct experience with B2B eCommerce platforms, data architecture and enterprise software application development methodologies and lifecycles, including Agile
- Competency in Agile collaboration toolset (e.g., JIRA and Confluence) and program management software
- Comfortable with coordinating and driving multi-task, multi-level project plans and schedules, bug tracking and timely issue resolution or escalation for resolution/decision
- Meeting facilitation skills including setting agendas, taking minutes, managing documentation, and task, time and action item management
- Ability to comfortably work in a fast paced, often ambiguous and shifting environment
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational and leadership skill, outstanding written and verbal communication talent, and an appropriate aptitude for user experience design, software engineering, and software test methodologies
- Effective and sound decision-making skills, influencing, and leadership
- MS Office fluency, including MS Project and MS Excel
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability