Senior Program Manager - Programs & Operations at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
This role is part of a new Programs & Operations team, which is responsible for program management on technical initiatives and partnership on technical & business operations, primarily supporting the Restaurant Product & Technology group. This team will also work with the larger Restaurant and Growth team on certain programs. The leader of this team reports to the SVP of the Restaurant Product & Technology group.
Members of this team have varying levels of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver programs with multiple dependencies & constraints, and also are able to define scope of programs, identify risks, manage costs, and track dependencies. Depending on the systems involved, they are also able to schedule and deploy new products and features. Technical program managers on this team have experience with communicating information to multiple stakeholders, while also diving into detail as needed to help make rapid decisions and bring issues to resolution.
The Impact You Will Make
- Facilitate budget planning, requisition tracking, workforce planning, and other organization-wide operational efforts.
- Partner closely with leaders from Finance & InfoSec to ensure success on compliance efforts, including specific audits such as PCI and SOX, as well as ongoing operational improvements.
- Partner with Corporate IT, the People team, and other functions to manage system migrations, tool enhancements, and other projects for efficiency improvements.
- Assist with establishing and refining agile workflows across technology teams.
- Mentor other program managers within the team and coordinate with program management team members in other parts of the organization.
What You Bring to the Table
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with the ability to understand complex information and synthesize it into coherent plans
- Experience with software development process, including agile methodologies
- Ability to understand organizational dynamics and work across teams to solve problems
- Ability to prioritize across a portfolio, including driving multiple projects effectively, making tradeoffs, and balancing competing needs from business & technology stakeholders
And Of Course, Perks!
- PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.