Senior Principal Risk Management Lead - Healthcare at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Healthcare Division Senior Principal Risk Manager will act as a lead for establishing and growing the risk program within the division and aligning the divisional risk program with the company-wide program. This key member of the Healthcare organization will be considered as an expert in Enterprise Risk Management and will use thought leadership to gather support and gain influence within the division and work cross functionally both in and outside the division. This person will play a key role in defining and implementing the Healthcare risk management strategy through partnership with various functional stakeholders across Security, Privacy, R&D, and the Business.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Leads the risk management improvement process
- Drives initiatives to reduce risk within the Healthcare division
- Responsible for risk intake, risk analysis, risk management, and reporting activities
- Works with Security, Privacy, and the business leaders to understand and intake relevant risks from those areas to the division
- Assist and advise teams in addressing risks that come in from Privacy, Security and business areas
- Define qualitative and quantitative metrics to assess the success of the Healthcare Operational Risk Management program and provide regular reports to business leadership
- Defines strategy to increase risk management adoption in the division
- Acts as a supporting member of the Nuance Risk Management team
- Evolves and maintains the risk framework within the division
- Assists with other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Certifications CRISC, CISA, CISM
Minimum years’ experience: 8 years
- Extensive experience with risk management frameworks and standards such as the ISO 31000 series and the NIST Special Publications 800-37 & 800-53
- Expert knowledge and risk management background in Information Security and/or Privacy
- Experience in risk domains; Identification, Assessment, Mitigation and Control Monitoring.
- Experience building out Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Strong understanding of security and privacy principles
- Comprehensive knowledge of controls processes/practices
- Expert facilitator and communicator
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and proven ability to translate risk to all levels of the business
- Ability to communicate with cross-functional technical resources
- Ability to communicate with executives
- Project/Program management experience
- History of delivering consulting engagements
- International experience or knowledge
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities
- Self-motivated, directed and well-organized, with the vision to position controls in anticipation of threats
- Well versed in HIPAA, HITRUST
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.