Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. There are options for working from home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Commercial Analytics Team is focused on supporting our customers through the design and delivery of solutions for the core business issues faced by today’s commercial organizations. The role of the Commercial Analytics Senior Consultant is to help identify the source of the business issues faced, and leverage industry data and analytics to deliver solutions based on how these components drive successful business outcomes. These include focusing on business processes like HCP segmentation & targeting, incentive compensation, industry benchmarking, field KPI’s and commercial performance. Ultimately, building critical customer relationships within the Commercial Business of our customers.
The majority of your time will be spent supporting client engagement teams and working with a wide variety of clients to deliver data/analytics-driven consulting engagements. You should have a strong subject matter understanding of the sales and sales/commercial operations processes, tools, and supporting the sales and brand strategies. In addition, you have an aptitude for understanding data and analytics while being able to interpret industry data to deliver solutions that drive insight and decision making. Lastly, you have strong consulting experience to serve as the day-to-day engagement resource leading projects with the engagement leadership team. Typical projects will include industry analytics for field assessments, KPI definition, segmentation, targeting, incentive compensation, & digital maturity models, etc.
This is a home-based, full-time permanent role with the requirement that candidates live on the East Coast in order to meet requirements to be at customer(s) site(s) as required.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Leverage data and analytics for solution recommendations and advisory for our clients for programs regarding HCP Segmentation & Targeting, Incentive Compensation & Field KPI definition
- Serve as a key member of the project team supporting key deliverables and timelines
- Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels within the commercial organization
- Monitor progress, manage risk, and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
- Demonstrate the ability to assimilate to new knowledge
- Possess good business acumen
- Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 5-8 years of experience with the Pharmaceutical industry
- Background in the pharmaceutical industry specifically Segmentation, Targeting, and Commercial Analytics
- Strong understanding of data and analytics and how they drive business outcomes
- Strong track record of experience delivering client advisory engagements
- Core management consulting skills, including: workshop facilitation, client presentations, project management, and ability to develop structured approaches/methodologies to business problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel roughly 40% but this can vary depending on engagement (Currently no travel due to COVID-19)
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.