Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach small business insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. Founded in 2005 (with our first international office in Boston launched in 2016), Simply Business is an online business insurance brokerage that specializes in one thing: protecting the businesses that entrepreneurs have worked hard to build.
Through blending a combination of technology, data, and insurance knowledge - with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers - we are looking to simplify the insurance-buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our team.
Simply Business’ Customer Solution Center (CSC) is seeking a Sr. Change Analyst to drive/ execute change projects and initiatives which have an operational and people change impact in our Boston office.
Our CSC is a critical department within Simply Business housing our Licensed Insurance Agents who interact with current and prospective customers by guiding them through purchasing the right coverage of small business insurance. The CSC is fast moving and, due to the nature of the insurance industry, experiences changes on a frequent basis. The Sr. Change Analyst will be responsible for the success of both proactive improvements and the remedy of incidents and risks. This role will play a key role in managing positive operational and people change initiatives across the business and influencing wider business decisions.
As a Senior Change Analyst, you will:
- Work with key stakeholders within the business (i.e. Product and Engineering teams) to provide operational guidance, support, and subject matter expertise - representing the system users, providing insight and highlighting dependencies, connectivities and risks
- Drive and execute change initiatives with the support of management to ensure robust and effective engagement, preparation, support, and communication is in place for all operationally impacting changes
- Act as a subject matter expert around all technologies and processes within the CSC
- Assist in the development and delivery of training materials to the CSC related to operational changes
- Create and deliver project plans to manage operational change within the CSC
- Flag, escalate, and assist in the mitigation of any identified risks and issues pertinent to CSC operations
- Drive continuous improvement in tools, process, operational communications, and engagement
What we are looking for:
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Someone comfortable with ambiguity and willing to jump in and solve challenges
- Experience working with stakeholders across multiple business functions
- A solid understanding and practical experience of a range of Project/Change Management and Agile methodologies
- Exceptional organization and prioritization skills
- Experience driving process improvements; natural curiosity and desire to seek opportunities for process improvements
- Experience and knowledge of the insurance industry highly preferred
- Understanding of call center operations preferred
- Experience working with Product and Engineering teams preferred
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
Plus there’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call "core benefits".
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose)and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more
It’s a big claim but we genuinely believe the Simply Business culture is truly unique. You sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there!
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretch themselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customers time and effort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences
We want to meet you
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. We succeed as an organization because we are comprised of intelligent women and individuals from other underrepresented groups. We understand you don’t find that in a lot of companies, so we’re emphasizing it here should you feel any hesitation to apply for that reason.
The hiring process at Simply Business is focused on candidates who are enthusiastic about the role and company. So even if you don’t fit every qualification listed in one of our job postings, yet you feel you’d be a great fit, we’d love to meet you. With any luck we’ll be seeing you at an interview soon.