Security Project Manager, R&D at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Security Product Manager to join the CTO Office Program Operations team, which launches and supports strategic and high visibility programs for the CTO Office and Global R&D.
The role is a hands-on role that works closely with the Infrastructure Engineering and Operations teams, R&D technical leads, Security, and IT. You will participate and lead the full-cycle security program and process management including starting with concept, design, planning, implementation, launch, post-mortem review and continuous improvement
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement R&D infrastructure security program and specific project plans, utilizing project management best practices
- Maintain and track the program -- including progress, prioritization, and issues management
- Work with dependent teams and stakeholders to prioritize the work to achieve the project objectives
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and resourcing optimization to accomplish key deliverables.
- Participate in quarterly and annual program/project planning
- Maintain and update R&D documentation, on various communication channels
- Support CTO Office Program Operations team in additional initiatives
Education: Bachelor/Master’s degree in Business, Communications, or Technology discipline (Computer Science/Engineering), MBA a plus
Minimum years of work experience: 1-2
• Project leadership or project management experience, particularly in cross-discipline projects
• Understanding of software development management practices such as Agile, knowledge of common software frameworks and tools.
• Familiarity with software security weakness, vulnerability and secure code review
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Comfortable learning about new technical areas and can grasp key concepts readily
• Ability to take initiative and action-oriented, but can also follow a plan, prioritize tasks, and work well within a team
• Analytical and detail-oriented, with effective organization skills
• Well-versed in technology tools, particularly Microsoft Office suite, and quick to learn new software platforms as needed
• Exposure to data analytics and comfortable with Excel
Experience with security compliance and security risk assessment programs
Familiarity with multiple OS environments such as Linux and Windows
Familiarity with scripting programming languages