Scrum Master at Vestmark, Inc.
As a Scrum Master at Vestmark within our Client Delivery organization, you will be responsible for supporting the successful delivery of new client implementations, as well as complex upgrades. Although good planning, organization, and reporting/tracking are required, this is not an administrative role. Rather, this role requires resourcefulness, creativity, and negotiation skills to ensure that internal stakeholders maintain focus, priority, and momentum.
The Scrum Master will steer the project around obstacles to successful completion with a view on committed dates. The successful candidate must have proven software delivery experience in sprint planning supporting complex systems implementations in mission-critical settings (ideally for a vendor firm). We are seeking an individual who is highly collaborative, possessing both positive energy and a strong process focus and grounding in facilitating scrum ceremonies – Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint Reviews, Backlog Grooming, Retrospectives. The ideal candidate is experienced in the use of Jira and Confluence tools and fundamentals with a commitment to succeed through constraint maximization. Although this is an internal-facing role, the Scrum Master must be a polished communicator and have strong enough market segment and technology knowledge to ask questions. Finally, as a Scrum Master at Vestmark, you will be asked to contribute to our efforts at continuously improving the client delivery experience.
- Manage and support the delivery of new client software implementations and upgrades
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies – Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint Reviews, Backlog Grooming, Retrospectives – and communicate proactively across Vestmark teammates
- Manage implementation and development deliverables using established workflow management tools, templates, and techniques
- Define and enforce scope; schedule and drive project timelines; highlight and manage risks; identify impediments and deviations, and collaborate with peers to devise creative solutions
- Ensure effective utilization of project resources, according to agreed plans
- Focus project resources to deliver high-quality work, while driving to committed dates and managing risk
- Establish and cultivate trust and confidence within the Client Delivery team
- Develop sufficient Vestmark product understanding to be able to ask implementation related questions
Required Experience and Skills:
- 1 - 3 years of Agile/Scrum management experience, specifically delivering mission critical systems.
- Agile or Scrum management certification or formalized training preferred
- Financial services experience or specific knowledge of wealth management business preferred
- Experienced working in collaborative, matrix environments
- Solid grasp of latest software technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.