Vestmark is a leading provider of wealth management solutions and services which enable financial advisors and institutions to efficiently manage and trade their clients' portfolios using an innovative SaaS ecosystem. With over $1+ trillion in assets and 3+ million accounts, we are a trusted partner to some of the largest and most respected players across the wealth management industry.
Our team of over 400 employees is made up of highly skilled software engineers, implementation specialists, business strategists, and visionaries who maintain an eye toward the future of financial technology.
About the Position:
As a scrum master within the Vestmark Engineering organization you will be working with a small cross-functional team delivering value to our numerous clients. The company is still optimizing our Scrum implementation, so we are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to help us refine and disseminate our agile practice. We are seeking an individual who is focused on process and grounded in facilitating scrum ceremonies. This role requires resourcefulness, creativity, and negotiation skills to ensure that internal stakeholders maintain focus, priority and momentum.
- Support the product development process by organizing and facilitating the daily stand-up, sprint reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Update agile tracking systems (JIRA/Confluence) to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlog
- Develop metrics, dashboards, and advanced filters to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Build and cultivate trust and confidence within the Engineering team while exhibiting our core values; Positive Energy, We Before Me, and Knowledge Exploration
Skills and Requirements:
- Be an unwavering caretaker of the scrum framework within the organization
- Be comfortable and articulate in challenging and dynamic situations, knowing when to step in and when to step back for the ultimate good of the team and the organization
- Scrum Master certification
- Financial industry experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience