Scientific Project Manager
At PathAI, we're applying machine learning in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's early days for us, there's a lot to build, and rigorous science and operating efficiently is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
We're looking for a skilled project manager to join our team and help support the execution of PathAI’s business and academic partnerships, including strategic projects, external collaborations and internal initiatives. The project manager will work closely with machine learning, product development, and business operations teams to ensure that project goals are being met and that we are maximizing our platform’s capabilities. The project manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of current project relationships and supporting the development of new activities.
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the management and operational skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Oversee day-to-day technical developments for company projects.
- Drive and uphold rigorous scientific standards, bringing consistency to the analyses you encounter and ensuring our discoveries are adequately reviewed.
- Collaborate across a range of groups - product, design, front-end, machine learning, and infrastructure teams.
- Solve interesting problems with machine learning.
- Recommend new features for internal and external users, and improve existing ones to make them better.
- Drive the prioritization of our platform development, considering the team and our future roadmap.
- Mentor, learn, and share knowledge with others along the way.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Experience. You've been around the block a more than a couple times, typically via two to five years of work in either an academic or industry setting.
- Education. Advanced degree in life sciences-related disciplines required, PhD preferred.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, plus holidays and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Friendly and open office environment
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.