Release Engineer at DraftKings
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:09 p.m. (EST) on Monday, December 23, 2019
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
We’re looking for a Release Engineer (AM) to join our dynamic, growing DraftKings team. You will work with the Release Manager to identify and automate parts of the release process in a regulated environment.
What you’ll do as a Release Engineer:
- You will create, update, and maintain release automation.
- Provide transparency on results as well as planning through data-driven metrics and accurate bi-weekly reporting.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Owners and Engineering teams to identify dependencies, determine priorities, and set functional timelines.
- You will also work closely with regulators to communicate the changes being made on a weekly basis.
- You will be responsible for deploying code into production.
- Monitor individual objectives and key results that align with team, domain, and vertical.
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, social science, or engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in software engineering is required.
- Experience working with Octopus, Bamboo, BitBucket, Artifactory, Packer/Docker, and Confluence/Jira a plus.
- A portfolio illustrating delivered product and examples of the tools and methodologies used is required.
- Experience in release engineering and process automation is required.
- Experience in testing automation is preferred.
- Obtaining a gaming license in some states will be required, but is not expected prior to onboarding.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
Read Full Job Description