Project Team Manager at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drive Project Manager productivity including facilitating weekly meetings to review the backlog and offering assistance where needed
- Overall support to the PM team
- Lead consistent 1:1's with team, foster open communication, work through backlog and challenges
- Act as the escalation point for Project Managers
- Take an active role in training new team members during Orientation on best practices
- Motivate team members, recognizing high performance and rewarding accomplishments
- Picking up / managing reassignment of overflow projects including PTO / sick coverage
- Communicate and collaborate with services leadership on process improvement
- Work with Services management to set clear and realistic team goals
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Discover training needs and provide coaching and mentoring in day to day operations
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, specific dedicated Toast POS hardware equipment. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This role works closely with Product Management, Pre-Sales SE, Project Management and Customer Services teams. Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision. Should have a strong spirit and energy to provide the best support in the restaurant industry. Must be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment, with a self-directed attitude and work ethic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work:
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Potential for 10-20% travel, primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5+ years of experience in project coordination and management. Preferably in a hospitality focused environment.
- Substantial work experience in hardware and software implementations on an enterprise level
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- High energy, enthusiasm, and passion for hospitality technology
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate and work across functional teams internally and externally, in-person and virtually
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change
- Dynamic and engaging style with excellent written and oral communication across different audiences and levels
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required