Project Manager at Agero + Swoop
Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
Plans, directs and coordinates activities of complex projects in both waterfall and agile methodologies. Project work varies considerably in complexity and or size based on business needs. Manages and directs all phases of the project to ensure that the goals or objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget. Regularly reviews status of project and makes modifications to scheduling, costing, and staff requirements, as necessary. Works across teams to facilitate coordination of effort for dependencies. Oversees and facilitates project team meetings including planning, backlog grooming and project retrospectives. Prepares status reports and documents periodically throughout the project. Responsible for ensuring project roll outs are on track and changes are in accordance with specifications and meet quality standards.
- Works within the department to implement new systems or processes and complete requests/updates to meet department needs and goals.
- Studies existing systems and processes to evaluate effectiveness and develops alternative solutions.
- Works with other departments to facilitate the implementation and continued success of assigned projects. Participates in cross-functional teams tasked with the design, development and launch of successful initiatives.
- Recommends and documents new processes and improvements to current processes using projected ROI’s.
- Leads and directs project teams. Provides coaching, guidance and direction to less experienced staff
- Creates workflow charts and process documentation of existing and new processes.
- Oversees scheduled roll outs of project work ensuring changes are in accordance with specifications, meet quality standards and are seamlessly implemented as required.
- Interprets department needs and works with cross-functional teams to determine project plan solutions to meet requirements.
- Ability to work with software and quality engineering resources successfully and unblock resources when needed.
- Prepares project related time and cost estimates.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Project Management/Scrum Master accreditation a plus.
EXPERIENCE: 6-8 years related experience. Experience analyzing business & user requirements, designing processes and managing project scope with a good understanding of general business practices.
SKILLS: Demonstrates initiative and self-motivation. Utilizes strong decision-making skills and communicates well with other team members and others cross-functionally. Identifies problems and recommends solutions and possesses the ability to write clear, concise documentation including user stories. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Excellent decision-making, interpersonal and follow through skills. Experienced in the software development life cycle and agile methodologies.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Works well in a team environment. Must be able to work with both business users and software developers. Works closely with users from within the department as well as business users throughout the company.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Sets and works within deadlines. Must be able to manage internal and customer expectations as they relate to all facets of projects. Some travel will be required.