Project Manager, Release Engineering at Cogito
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:33 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, October 29, 2019
You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Where necessary you’ll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. The Project Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
This position also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments. The Release Manager will assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Experience and Certification in ITIL preferred
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel, working Knowledge of Access
• Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your family’s health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
• Frequent catered lunch and live product demos
• 401(k) retirement plan options
• Ongoing professional development and cross-training
• 20 days vacation time, 5 days sick time, 2 floating holidays and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriot’s Day is a holiday)
• 2 "Be Gentle" personal days
• Company paid parental leave upon hire
• Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
• Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• Stocked groceries in the kitchen
• Office location in the heart of Boston with convenience to the MBTA lines
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Authorization to Work
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US.
Read Full Job Description