Project Manager, Menu Strategy at ezCater
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
We're looking for an experienced Project Manager, Menu Strategy to support the execution of ezCater’s partner-focused strategic goals. In this position, you’ll manage projects that improve the conversion, optimize partner experience, and drive efficiency of our partner operations teams and partner onboarding programs.
As our Project Manager, you’ll collaborate with internal stakeholders from multiple teams to ensure that our partners are informed and delighted from first contact to first order and beyond. You’ll support each phase of project planning and execution, from initial brainstorm & information gathering to scheduling, reporting, and presenting. You’ll be a critical voice representing our restaurant partners’ goals cross-functionally, and a positive pioneer of change!
As a Project Manager, Menu Strategy, you will:
- Build & Manage: You’ll manage all aspects of project implementation, including expectations, communications, scope, timeline, and project delivery
- Organize & Prioritize: You’ll be expected to maintain up-to-date, detailed project plans that are transparent to relevant stakeholders & organized for optimal and timely execution.
- Collaborate: You’ll work closely with our sales, operations, support, marketing, and analytics teams to help move our shared goals forward.
- Be Priority-Driven & Punctual: You’ll manage the execution of complex & time critical projects by prioritizing our approach & flying through roadblocks.
- Communicate Effectively: You’ve got experience thoughtfully explaining unique concepts to diverse audiences, and know how to keep everyone on the same page.
To succeed as a Project Manager, Menu Strategy, You’ll Need to Be:
- Insanely Autonomous: You love setting audacious goals and are fully comfortable directing your own way to get there. You commit to a schedule and stick to it.
- A Natural Relationship Builder: You make connections and keep them. You are deft at “managing across.”
- An Expert at Managing Deadlines: You have an excellent track record of on-time delivery of projects as well as a keen eye for anticipating bottlenecks & roadblocks.
- A Strategic Thinker: You’ll be expected to stay on top of trends in our competitive landscape and fold those into our analyses.
- Agile & Flexible: You manage risk but aren’t afraid to iterate. You ideally are familiar with high growth operations & problem solving in fast-paced tech spaces.
- A circus-level juggler: You’re comfortable with a high-volume list of varied tasks and are comfortable prioritizing them.
- Tech-knowledgeable: You’re competent using project management software and are comfortable organizing & interpreting data sets.
- A creative problem solver: After developing a deep understanding of our products and our partners, you’ll help identify risks & uncover opportunities that will help us soar.
- Driven towards excellence: You’ve got meticulous attention to detail and an amazing ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
Please include a cover letter, but throw everything that is ‘best practice’ about writing cover letters out the window, and please write as explicitly as possible what resonates with you about this job.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.