Project Manager (FSO) at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank's vaccination policy; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank.
As an employee of the Boston Fed, you will work to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. You will contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policy-making, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts. The Boston Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks and we serve all or parts of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Our mission is accomplished through our Bank's values: diversity, equity and inclusion, innovation, integrity, and leadership.
This Project Manager position reports into the Federal Reserve System's National Finance organization, the Financial Support Office (FSO) and manages one or more FSO projects, reporting to the AVP Programs and Support. Traditional project management experience is required.
- Manage one or more complex IT or Operational projects in compliance with management standards under limited guidance of a Program Manager.
- Coordinate requirements analysis, design, and quality assurance activities for assigned projects.
- Provide input to policies, standards, procedures, and training needs related to project management and quality assurance of technology related projects.
- Work in a consulting role on other technical projects and, on occasion, other areas of the FSO.
- Perform other project management related duties as assigned.
- Perform technical administration in areas of system access, content management, reporting
- Proficiency with project management tools, approaches and techniques
You will operate in a matrixed supervisory environment.
Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, a Bachelor's degree in information technology and 3 or more years of project management experience.
- Strong knowledge of Sharepoint administration, Tableau development and project management tool is highly desirable
- Strong understanding of the financial services industry and emerging technology landscape is a plus
- Strong organizational, planning and self-management skills
- Strong relationship building skills and customer focus
- Self-starter with excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to prepare and deliver executive presentations.
- Ability to work remotely and independently. Some travel may be required.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.