At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in over 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
Markforged is seeking a talented and motivated Program Manager who will be part of the Program Management. This employees focus will be on delivering strategic product initiatives to the field. The Program Manager will manage the launch of a new innovative products.
In this role you will:
- Project Planning and Management
- Ability to facilitate the definition of project objectives, scope, and schedule
- Plan and direct budgets and spending
- Manage risks and develop mitigation plans
- Deliver proof-of-concept prototypes that demonstrate performance and tradeoffs
- Lead new product development programs through production launch.
- Team Management, holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work
- Leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for project work
- Promote empowerment of the team, mentoring team members where necessary
- Communicate project status regularly to stakeholders
- Coordinate with internal partners for successful transitions from planning phases through launch
- Continuously improve team processes and tools in the spirit of Agile Project Management and lean operations
- Provide clear decision-making, roles, and responsibilities.
What we look for:
- Strong background in hardware and software integration
- Previous experience with hardware and software is desired
- Program management experience in advanced development or the development of new technologies using both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience with Phase Gate product deliveries
- Ability to drive to tangible results in a timely manner even when the work involves a high-level of ambiguity
- Experience with managing contracts and relationships with external partners to include contract manufacturers
- Strong systems-level critical thinking skills
- Strong collaboration and influencing skillsHigh-level of emotional intelligence
- Resilience and flexibility
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- PMP preferred
- Experience with Gantt and task management tools
- Jira Prefered
- 3-5 years of relevant experience within engineering
- 5-7 years of program management experience
- Experience working in a startup and growth environment is a plus.
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization. We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up. We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description