Program Director Radiology AI Solutions at Nuance
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is about to create massive changes in the practice of Radiology. Nuance has a very strong position in the daily workflow of radiologists, with 3 out of 4 radiologists using Nuance PowerScribe for dictation and more than 6,000 facilities connected to Nuance’s PowerShare image exchange. We have made it our mission to bring AI into routing clinical practice.
You are an accomplished, operationally savvy and creative leader, with demonstrated knowledge of Radiology and the ability to inspire and lead highly cross functional teams to support the incubation, development and ultimate growth of Nuance’s radiology AI Solutions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, champion and implement the operational plan to develop and mature the radiology AI offering. Establish clear milestones, applicable metrics, and operating rhythms to assess results.
- Influence and direct internal cross functional interactions to deliver on the AI strategy including Sales, Product, R&D, Delivery and Operations teams. Identify and resolve risks, capacity, and quality issues. Implement robust processes.
- Report progress and provide recommendations for investments, budget and resourcing requirements to senior leadership.
- Develop an organizational model with clear roles, responsibilities, goals and objectives, that evolves with the maturity of the offering
- Establish trusted, senior level partner relationships with customers, partners, vendors, and industry organizations through the development, build and grow phases of the AI platform. Continuously seek out potential partnerships, investments, technologies to support the overall strategy and growth model.
- Monitor, forecast and report the financial performance of the offering.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Education: MBA or comparable
Minimum years of work experience: 12+ years' in comparable roles
- Proven management / leadership experience of 10+ years, including leading highly versatile and diverse teams in the incubation and launch and growth of emergent technologies.
- Outstanding advanced leadership skills; ability to evangelize complex solutions and offerings across highly matrixed teams, with external partners and vendors to achieve desired outcomes on behalf of the customer and the company.
- Great interpersonal and influencing skills. Ability to lead and motivate distributed teams in a matrixed, cross-functional environment.
- Proven track record in scaling a B2B SaaS solution from incubation to an enterprise class offering.
- A demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain high-value, senior level relationships with business partners. Experienced contract negotiator.
- Strong business acumen, experienced with budget planning, ability to understand and create pro-forma P&L statements.
- Experienced with back-office operations (quoting, billing, collections) and process improvement projects.
- A solid understanding of radiology departments, and radiology IT.
- Understanding of the potential and vision of AI in the Healthcare Radiology setting, and a good understanding of the fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence / deep learning.
- Experience operating in an FDA regulated, medical device industry.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.