Program Director (data transformation) at Perficient
At Perficient, you will deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. In addition, you will do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We are proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Director, Program Management office in our Saint Louis, MO location.
This position will provide strategic thought leadership, methods, tools, and approaches to the creation and management of Enterprise PMO for a key strategic account for Perficient. This will include taking PMO processes from inception to widespread organizational adoption with associated measurement and continuous improvement. In addition, this position will provide tactical leadership to selected enterprise projects and well as providing guidance and support to other enterprise projects and their adherence to defined PMO processes. The role will function in a matrix environment to promote best practices in managing inter-related projects to ensure successful delivery
- Define program operating model for a large, multi shore, multiple business unit level program with complex eco-system of client personas, vendor personas, and Perficient teams
- Define and have a clear, high level understanding of the project/program goals and the status towards them, to be able to articulate progress, milestones achieved, risks and issues to any internal or external stakeholder, even if possible, help the team anticipate and prevent issues with adequate risk management and laser focus on goal-orientation
- See the whole picture (the forest, not the tree) of the business, it's drivers, actors involved and processes, that will allow him to help the team that is more on the day to day on not losing sight of that big picture and the north they are following
- Define the goals of the program and key KPI's/OKR's to measure and monitor them
- Proactively develop strong relationships with Business and IT leaders from the C-suite level to front line delivery consultant
- Build trust with clients, stakeholders and team members alike, with empathy, great communication and negotiation skills
- Create evaluation frameworks and facilitate project prioritization discussions and decisions.
- Drive guidance and leadership around resource planning against the prioritized portfolio of projects
- Provide leadership expertise on Agile product delivery working very closely with Agile coach and Scrum masters
- Engage with the project teams and the business to understand project resource needs
- Provide comprehensive visibility into project status even for those projects not directly involved.
- Define and implement necessary processes and tools to support adoption of PMO administration across the enterprise including the creation of templates and training materials
- Ensure PMO process measures of success are defined and adhered to.
- Ensure monitoring of progress against all projects is timely and accurate and enables Sponsors and stakeholders to have visibility and sufficient information to make required decisions
- At least 15+ years of total IT experience with 5+ most recent years as a Program manager
- Most recent 5+ years working for large consulting organizations
- Most recent 5 years experience at a senior level in a PMO function in very large consulting engagements
- Ability to build a team oriented environment that is fair, open, honest, humble, and competitive.
- Ability to evaluate and develop efficient and effective operational processes.
- Ability to think strategically from a program operating model perspective
- Proven conflict management skills and professionalism.
- Ability to guide others to adaption to change in the workplace.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels within an organization.
- Most recent 5+ years of Experience in the professional services industry.
- Most recent 2+ years of experience managing large enterprise Data Platform and/or Cloud platform projects
- At least 5+ years of dealing with senior leaders across client organizations with an ability to present executive presentations, weekly status reports, and monthly scorecards
- Experience using resource management capacity planning tools and project portfolio reporting solutions
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.