Procurement Specialist (REMOTE - United States) at Vendr
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:02 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Vendr is forever changing how companies buy and renew SaaS. With over $550+ million in SaaS purchases across 1,200+ suppliers, the Vendr SaaS buying platform enables the world’s fastest-growing companies to purchase SaaS, without friction and at a fair price. Headquartered in Boston with a second location in Charleston and over 130+ employees, we are building a team that can take us to the future state of frictionless buying. Some customers include HubSpot, The Washington Post, and DraftKings.
In March 2021 we announced that we raised $60 million at a $600 million valuation for our Series A, backed by Tiger Global (2021), Craft Ventures (David Sacks), Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher & Guy Oseary), Y Combinator, and others.
Since 2018, we have:
- Managed $550M+ in software spend
- Saved $99M+ for our customers
- Given our customers thousands of hours back to focus on the important parts of their job
And we’re just getting started. This is your chance to join as we enter hyper-growth and make a massive impact, forever changing the way people buy and sell B2B SaaS.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for helping Vendr make transformational changes in the way that SaaS is transacted. In this role, you'll work in tandem with our Executive Buying Team to expedite SaaS buying while delighting customers and suppliers with your excellent project management skills. This individual will support the Executive Buying Team by helping with processes, communicating with customers and suppliers, and deal facilitation. You will be responsible for working closely with our customers and suppliers to help coordinate legal, security, and finance reviews and approvals in a timely manner while providing world-class customer service. This role will report directly to the VP, Customer Team, and join as one of the first team members.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the Vendr Executive Buying team to help support our customers and suppliers close deals faster
- Work closely with our Customers to understand their purchasing process, special terms, and help streamline their procurement workflow
- Ensure that contracts meet security and legal compliance and track the status of approvals in VendrApp
- Identify areas of opportunity for process improvement and automation
- Manage internal and external functional project management, planning, prioritization, alignment, and coordination
- Effectively communicate with customers and suppliers around deal status, blockers, and highlighting dependencies
What we need:
- 2 years of Project Management, Procurement, or Vendor Management experience, ideally within a SaaS company
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets, PowerPoint/Google Slides
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and suppliers
- Demonstrated success in delivering results working cross-functionally
- Strong work ethic with a “get stuff done” mentality
- Problem solver, strong attention to detail, extremely organized
- Self-starter and quick learner with the ability to work independently
- Flexible, agile, and adaptable; used to wearing multiple hats; does not get easily overwhelmed
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
Vendr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. While we are interested in qualified applicants who are permanently eligible to work for any employer in the United States, we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship for employment visas at this time.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description