We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast’s People team is growing! As the Performance & Engagement Manager, Organizational Development you will lead the strategy, operations and communications for our internal engagement and performance efforts. In this role you will work across teams to develop a winning strategy and oversee implementation to ensure our Toasters have the experiences, feedback and performance drivers they need to thrive!
As the employee engagement and performance management lead, you have the opportunity to shape the everyday experience of our Toasters. You will influence not only what employees do everyday, but how they do it. You will help shape how we enable every employee to find meaning at work, to thrive and to be successful, and how they work, be it individually or collaboratively across teams. As this is a new role we will also be looking to you to help shape the roadmap and opportunities for this space, of which there are many.
About this roll:
- Build a strategy to drive engagement and performance at the individual, team and organizational levels.
- Lead a group of cross-People Team teammates to create exceptional engagement and performance experiences for Toasters.
- Lead the engagement survey efforts, from development to implementation, working cross-functionally to ensure a successful rollout and follow through of efforts.
- Help launch our first-ever full employee engagement survey to Toasters across the globe to help drive clarity, cohesion and impact regarding our most important drivers.
- Own and drive Toast-wide action planning and reporting, to ensure accountability and progress against our most important engagement drivers.
- Find new ways to gather, analyze and respond to employee sentiment, ensuring that the employee voice is heard, captured and understood at all times.
- Connect the dots across goal-setting, feedback and compensation, allowing for a fluid yet clear connectedness across all areas.
- Create a performance management experience that is enjoyable, effective and innovative, helping our Toasters achieve their ambitious goals and grow their careers at Toast.
- Find new ways for individuals to give and receive feedback to help us foster a culture of feedback as an essential part of performance.
- Act as the face of performance management to employees across the company, providing clarity, direction and value to our Toasters as they navigate their own performance.
- Participate in initiatives across the People Team to add your skills, expertise and general awesomeness, in an effort to help build extraordinary employee experience.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Self-starter who enjoys creating the roadmap rather than just being handed one
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to project manage multiple efforts from idea to implementation
- Ability to work seamlessly across teams and who ensures an environment rich in collaboration
- Familiarity and interest in working with data, to ensure all our people decisions are backed by research and data
- Strong communicator, written and oral, who enjoys connecting with many different audiences
- Experience working in employee or customer experience related roles
- Familiarity with CultureAmp is a plus, but not required