People Team Chief of Staff at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast’s People Team is growing! Working closely with the People leadership team, the People Team Chief of Staff manages key planning, program and operational processes fundamental to the success of the People Team. The ideal candidate will be organized, have strong communication skills and the proven ability to lead and influence cross-functionally.
About this roll*:
- Work closely with the Chief People Officer, the People leadership team and Chiefs of Staff across Toast to develop and manage an effective cadence of leadership, management and planning meetings that support team collaboration, information-sharing and coordination of priorities. Plan agendas, facilitate meetings, and track decisions and actions.
- Lead cross-People Team planning, prioritization and transformation initiatives.
- Identify ways to improve the People Team’s operational workflows and drive process improvements.
- Manage the development and tracking of People Team OKRs and goals. Serve as the primary People Team liaison to Toast’s company-wide OKR development and tracking team. Collaborate with People Team leadership to ensure OKRs are updated regularly. Track key results and provide OKR reporting.
- Participate in the Chief of Staff cross-functional team. Represent the People team in associated projects and discussions. Bring information and Toast-wide practices to the People team for communication and implementation.
- Lead the development of the annual financial plan for the People Team. Working closely with People Team leadership, Finance and other functions, ensure the financial plan is developed in support of the People Team strategic plan and OKRs. Work with Finance to monitor the People Team financial plan throughout the year and address any needed plan changes.
- Serve as the People Team liaison for M&A transactions. Lead People-related due diligence and integration projects. Work cross-functionally to create tools, guidelines and communication materials supporting M&A best practices.
- Champion change management for People Team initiatives, establishing best practices and change management frameworks that support successful program implementations and other major change events.
- Manage special People Team programs and projects, as assigned.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- At least ten years of related experience, preferably within a People function.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective team operating routines that foster collaboration and great results.
- The ability to influence and collaborate cross-functionally and at all levels.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- The ability to structure and lead a team through complex planning and decision making cycles.
- The ability to clearly present information to a wide variety of audiences including employees, managers and leadership.
- Action-orientation with the ability to multitask and manage through ambiguity.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in a related field a plus.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required