Partnerships Manager at ActBlue
ActBlue is proud to build and maintain the powerful online fundraising platform that Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits use to transform the power structures in our country and create a better future. We ensure the power is in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
As a nonprofit, we’re driven by the belief that our democracy works better when more people participate in civic life and when our campaigns and nonprofits are powered by the people they serve. That’s why we’ve built a powerful online fundraising platform for nonprofits, Democratic candidates up and down the ballot and other progressive organizations. Our tools make it possible for anyone to build a grassroots campaign or movement and give donors an easy and secure way to support their favorite causes and candidates.
Since 2004, campaigns and organizations across the country have raised almost $4 billion using our tools, with an average contribution size around $35. Our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us is fully committed to our mission, and to growing our tight-knit community of political activists, tech experts, customer service pros, and more to build a team that is ready to take on even bigger challenges as we look toward 2020.
This is a full-time position located in Somerville, MA. The right candidate would be considered for remote work. For more information on ActBlue, please visit https://actblue.com.
The Partnerships team
At ActBlue we strive to support work that amplifies those standing up for people power and progressive values. To that end, our Partnerships Team is dedicated to building relationships with other progressive political, nonprofit and tech organizations, as well as practitioners in the progressive space. This work is more important than ever right now, as more people become politically engaged, run for office for the first time, and fight for the future of our country.
The Partnerships Manager will play a critical role in exploring and cultivating long term relationships with new and existing partner organizations. We are a small and growing team committed to fulfilling ActBlue’s mission. We are looking for new team members who work collaboratively and are ready to dive into the work.
The Partnerships Manager will:
- Identify progressive organizations, movement builders and events in the political and nonprofit space that align with ActBlue’s mission and values. This role will also inherit some existing relationships when appropriate.
- Be an ActBlue brand ambassador during meetings with our partners and at events and conferences around the country. This position includes travel and occasionally speaking and/or training large groups as a representative of ActBlue.
- In collaboration with the Partnerships team, maintain existing relationships with partners.
- Communicate and coordinate with multiple departments and outside groups in order to ensure ample preparation for all events.
- Mission-driven: We are dedicated to empowering small-dollar donors. We do so by supporting people powered progressive movements to engage their base in fueling their favorite causes and candidates. Campaign and/or nonprofit experience is a plus.
- A great communicator: We work with many different groups both inside and outside of ActBlue. Communicating effectively with existing partners, staff, and new groups will be your primary strategy for building and maintaining ActBlue’s relationships.
- Motivated by connecting with groups that support historically marginalized communities: We want to expand our expertise here at ActBlue by bringing on new team members who are connected with and interested in building relationships with nonprofits and advocacy organizations that “democratize power” by shifting power from the few to the many.
- A networker: We are looking for team members who are outgoing and excited to connect with people.
- A facilitator: Often the work that we do in Partnerships is behind the scenes to set others up for success. Their success is our success!
- A teacher and storyteller: You have the ability to not only stick to talking points and teach them to others in order to ensure that everyone is on message, but find ways to make it compelling.
- Anticipator-in-chief: You should always be thinking about the big picture and what’s around the corner even as you tackle the project in front of you.
- Comfortable going solo: While you’ll be working in a team, most of your day to day work will be independently driven and managed. Travel will be involved.
- Flexible: You’re adaptable and able to handle a wide range of projects, which will often have competing priorities.
Location and Compensation
ActBlue’s office is located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston’s MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, in-office, salaried position. The right candidate will be considered for remote work. We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits, fully paid health, dental, and vision insurance, an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan, and a flexible time off policy.
Salary Range: $70K-$90K
This position includes travel and some nights and weekends throughout the year.
ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.