Metal X Field Technical Trainer
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
We need exceptionally talented and versatile people to join our team and support our growing customer base. If you have have hands on customer facing experience and a passion for teaching, we would love to talk to you. We are looking for an engaging, dynamic, and driven individual to join our Customer Solutions team and to drive high level field install and service in our Value Added Reseller community. The role will provide a connection between our factory and engineering teams and our Reseller Installation network. As a Field Technical Trainer you will work out of our Watertown office, regularly traveling to assist Resellers in installing new equipment.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee and assist with Printer Installations at Customer Sites
- Mentor, evaluate, and certify the skills of the Reseller Installers for future solo work
- Attending meetings and trainings to maintain familiarity with current product
- Provide followup support and engagement for Resellers you have engaged with
- Update installation and troubleshooting documentation
- 75%-100% Travel depending on installation schedule.
What we look for:
- 2-5 years in a Field Service/Support Organization working on complex equipment
- Experience providing training in a technical environment, either onsite setup training or in a classroom
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or an equivalent technical background (military experience, etc.)
- Customer-facing professional experience
- Active passport and ability to pass a background check required
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning and teaching, data-driven decisions, and makings things work. We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up. We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description