Manager, Platform Reliability
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for a Manager, Platform Reliability to join our platform engineering team in Cambridge, MA. If you are a high touch, results oriented manager who thrives on building high performing teams that leverage the latest technologies, using data to drive decisions, collaborating with other really smart people, and moving quickly, then you've found the right place.
What You'll Do:
- Provide the day to day leadership of the reliability team
- Facilitate design and support discussions with your team and other engineering teams
- Evolve and scale the reliability discipline at CarGurus
- Bring a modern technical skillset to the table
- Ability to keep project momentum and navigate the issues that occur at any time.
- Be the coach to guide the hiring and professional development of your team
Who You Are:
A respected experienced leader with the technical chops to build/lead a team of engineers who are smarter than you! You have the constant desire to build the latest technical solutions to deliver the competitive advantage we need to keep up with the companies explosive growth.
- Extremely well organized and focused
- History of building high performing teams
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with both software and systems engineering
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong affinity towards automation
- Experience delivering in a compliance environment (SOX, SOC, PCI)
Technologies We Use:
Honeycomb, Prometheus, Grafana, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Sentry, Concourse, Artifactory
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.