Integrations Specialist at edX
Here's a quick video with the hiring manager to learn more about her background!
At edX, a Cambridge-based non-profit, our mission is to offer a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, allowing them to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that will lead to fulfilling careers and lifelong success. Today, edX provides more than 20 million people access to education from the best universities and institutions in the world, including Harvard, MIT, Oxford, and UC Berkeley. edX provides inspirational and transformative knowledge to students of all ages, social status, and income, worldwide. Starting in 2017, we furthered this mission by offering accredited online Masters degrees providing a more convenient, lower-cost, “stackable” means of earning credentials towards a full degree.
We are adding an Integrations Specialist to deliver and continuously improve integrations solutions between the edX platform and our university partners’ student information systems. The Integrations Specialist is a specialized role responsible for the testing, launch, and ongoing support of enrollment integrations such as the edX enrollment API and single sign-on solutions. The Integrations Specialist advises university partner central IT and academic department technology teams on these solutions for the secure registration of matriculated university degree students into the correct programs and degree courses on edX. This includes the creation of sandbox and production environments for each enrollment term for each university partner; troubleshooting issues that arise; and providing documentation. This role collaborates across edX teams and functions (e.g., Product Delivery and Engineering, Education Services) to execute and ensure an exceptional and seamless registration experience for students and program managers alike.
The ideal candidate will have experience with web development frameworks and RESTful APIs, and be comfortable working directly with our university partners to provide onboarding and ongoing support. The candidate should be motivated, intellectually curious, and demonstrate the ability to solve complex problems, create processes, and navigate a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Provide testing and production environments for enrollment integration between edX.org and university student information systems
- Onboarding, enabling and training new university degree partners for successful integrations
- Collaborate with Product Management, Business Intelligence, and Education Services at edX and with university partners to understand business problems and identify solutions
- Promote teamwork and transparency regarding integrations within edX and across edX and university partners
- Develop process improvements for the integration solution on an ongoing basis
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 2+ years of systems integration or implementation experience, ideally supporting major system integrations (LMS, LTI, Salesforce, most common student information systems)
- Comfortable writing SQL to query data across multiple relational data tables, and using that query to analyze commonalities with the result to identify data patterns
- Experience with web development frameworks, Web API and system to system server communication
- Demonstrated success managing client relationships; can effectively communicate with technology subject matter experts and those without a technical background
- Superb project management skills, including internal and external stakeholder management surrounding multiple projects with competing priorities
- Aptitude to be resourceful and learn new technologies quickly
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, swiftly-evolving environment and comfort with ambiguity, with an ability to think critically, analytically, and proactively
- Excellent attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, and emphasis on follow through
- Positive team player with a roll up your sleeves, service-oriented attitude
- Comfort with occasional travel to partner sites, around 20%
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Experience working with ID providers using SAML or Salesforce
- Architecture and solutions development leveraging microservices
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.