Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Implementation Manager (RIM) position is responsible for leading a team of Remote Implementation Engineers (RIE’s) and working in close partnership with Sales Managers and Services Leadership. In this role, the RIM is expected to hire and train new personnel, provide ongoing coaching and support to ensure the RIEs success both in productivity and quality targets outlined by the business. Furthermore, this role is responsible for achieving and ensuring consistent delivery of the team’s goals as they pertain to RIE productivity, resource utilization and other corporate metrics.
- Understand historical performance in order to effectively plan and coordinate for the future
- Interview, hire, develop, coach and support Remote Implementation Engineers
- Perform weekly or bi-weekly 1:1 meetings and performance reviews for direct reports
- Ensure that Toast “best practices” are consistently adhered to, offer insight to further develop and enhance existing “best practices”
- Work closely with Services Leadership in the continued evolution and maintenance of the existing process, infrastructure, and systems.
- Work to maintain a high level of employee happiness while reaching increasingly high company targets
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Assists in resolution of customer escalations to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership
- Potential for travel for in-person meetings with team, customers and partners, to develop and nurture key relationships
- Collaborate on process improvement initiatives
- Utilize data to manage and improve quality, speed, utilization, productivity and customer satisfaction
- Experience managing a diverse team of remote resources
- Experience in Process Improvement and Project Management
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Experience using data to meet and exceed objectives
- Demonstrates attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot in a timely manner
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM tools to drive effective use and problem solving for RIEs.
- Adaptability and strong work ethic
- Knowledge, understanding and empathy for the unique and diverse requirements of the restaurant industry.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment
- Internal - Services, Support, Sales: Daily
- External - Customers and Partners: Daily