Implementation Manager, Education at Flywire
Are you ready to trade your job for a journey? Become a FlyMate!
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we’re on a mission to transform receivables and deliver on the most mission critical payments across education, healthcare, travel and B2B. We’ve got a leading technology platform and a global payments networked that is unrivaled. What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who we are:
Flywire was founded in 2011 by a former international student, who experienced firsthand all the challenges of paying for college from another country—and made it his mission to solve them.
Today, Flywire has applied our high tech payments platform combined with our owned global payments network to expand and digitize the payment experience for over 3,000 education, healthcare, travel & B2B clients world-wide, processing more than $16B and covering more than 240 countries and territories globally. And, we’re just getting started!
With over 500 FlyMates distributed across 12 offices world-wide and representing more than 32 nationalities, we’re looking for FlyMates to join the next stage of our journey as we continue to grow.
Flywire is seeking an Implementation Manager to join our dynamic and growing team and support our Education clients. As a Flywire Implementation Manager in Education, you will partner with colleges and universities around the United States. If you have previous experience in higher education, experience with SAAS based integrations, and want to launch your career in the exciting world of Fintech this is the role for you!
- Lead client engagements and manage relationships with colleges and universities after the contract is executed to foster ongoing client happiness
- Proven organizational ability to plan and execute on multiple simultaneous projects from end to end
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all key partners and ensuring technical feasibility
- Coordinating internal resources and third-parties/vendors for efficient execution of projects
- Ensuring resource availability and allocation
- Developing detailed project plans to track progress
- Performing risk management to minimize project risks
- Crafting and maintaining comprehensive project documentation
- Reporting progress and business needs to management
Here’s What We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS degree (required)
- 5+ years of project management experience
- A background working for a SaaS based company or in Higher Education (preferred)
- Baseline understanding of technology — e.g., SQL, databases, APIs, Web Services, SFTP, file troubleshooting, infrastructure and enterprise systems
- Working knowledge of Agile, SDLC, and other software development methodologies
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Student Information Systems, and other CRM applications
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft, and/or Ellucian is preferred
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to use tools to keep projects moving forward.
- Can work independently and be self motivated.
- PMP certification (preferred)
What We Offer:
Competitive compensation, including stock options
Flying Start - Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates Be a meaningful part in our success - every FlyMate makes an impact
Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in
WFH Stipend & Digital Disconnect Days
Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight – for new or aspiring managers!)
Submit today and get started!
We are excited to get to know you! Throughout our process you can expect 4-5 rounds of interviews with different FlyMates including the Hiring Manager, Peers on the team, the VP of the department, and a homework assignment (don’t worry - this is the fun part!) your Talent Acquisition Partner will walk you through the steps and be your “go-to” person for any questions.
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer.
Flywire participates in E-Verify for all U.S. employees.