Head of Strategy Implementation - MassMutual Alternative Investment Team at MassMutual
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we are looking to hire a Head of Strategy Implementation to join our newly formed MassMutual Alternatives Investments team.
Why we need you.
The MassMutual Executive Leadership team has approved the funding to launch this new business. We are looking for a seasoned executive to help take this idea from ‘project’ stage to launch stage. In this role, you will need to demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, strong business acumen, and will to show courage, even in the most difficult situations.
What success looks like.
- Partners with Head of the business to develop, articulate and pressure test the overall business strategy, objectives and plans
- Leads in the creation of a detailed project plan for launch and oversee the plan implementation
- Facilitates creation of financial models needed to understand the overall return profile of the business and business plan
- Identifies and facilitates the cross-functional partnerships required to break-down complex, un-structured problems into sizeable and logical ‘working assertions’
- Participates as member of leadership team and contributes to development of financial, resource and operational planning needed to achieve department objectives
- Inspires team and partners to take action, think strategically, engage with and influence senior business leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to challenge the status quo thinking, practices and solutions
- Takes charge in the face of difficulties and challenges and addresses emerging problems with focus and urgency
What your days and weeks will include.
- Work along-side Head of the business to determine key short, medium and longer terms deliverables
- Support creation and delivery of compelling presentations articulating strategy to key stakeholders
- Check and adjust plan as needed; ensure tracking to successful launch
- Coordinate with numerous internal and external constituents to ensure each are delivering on their respective commitments
- Own the status reporting activities to be made to the senior leadership team.
The skills that make you a great fit.
- Bachelors and/or advanced degree
- Evidence of quantitative skillset
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in business, consulting or other related field.
- Experience building strategy and roadmaps
- Excellent project management skills
- Creative, high energy problem solving/reasoning skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work with and challenge senior leaders
- Proven ability to lead through a matrix organization, providing feedback to partners at varying levels and from all areas of the broader organization
Why Join Us.
We’ve been around since 1851. During our history, we’ve learned a few things about making sure our customers our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
Does this sound like a great fit? Apply today!