Growth Project Manager at Lose It!
Lose It! is looking for a results-driven project manager who has experience solving marketing and product problems to drive results. We're looking for a self-starter who is excited about trying new things and making an impact with the work that they do. An ideal candidate can excel in both the analytical and creative sides of building experiences and can rally the rest of the team around a vision for a project. This role will report to the VP of Marketing and work on a cross-functional team that's primarily focused on driving early user retention, revenue, and satisfaction. This person's efforts will help our members stay motivated towards their weight loss goals, and get the most out of the Lose It! Product.
This full-time position is located in our Boston office (currently remote, with plans to be in the office two days a week starting October 2021).
What does Growth Project Management mean at Lose It!?
At Lose It!, most of our work is done on cross-functional teams. This role is at the intersection of product and marketing and will be working with a Product Manager to design and build in-app experiences. Project Management at Lose It! means constantly innovating and experimenting to find ways to drive early user retention, to keep customers engaged, and to motivate members to subscribe to a paid product. Project Management is a key function of our business and we're looking for someone who gets excited about taking experiment results and iterating even further on the experience. Even if you haven't done this exact kind of work before, reach out to us so we can chat about how your skills and experiences could be applied to this role.
What will you be responsible for?
- Being the intersection between Marketing, Product, and Engineering to ideate and execute on product changes and promotions that drive user retention, satisfaction, and revenue
- Leveraging our in-house and third party tools like Iterable to create push, email and in-app message upgrade campaigns
- Designing product optimizations (i.e. purchase flows, onboarding experience) that increase user throughput and stickiness
- Partnering with the Data Science team to design experiments and interpret key findings
- Managing experiments from setup through results, leveraging analytics tools like Amplitude to monitor their impact and report on findings
- Regularly testing creative, pricing, timing, and other elements of our marketing campaigns to better understand what resonates with our users
- Writing and iterating on marketing copy for campaigns in emails, in-app messages, push notifications and product screens that encourages the desired user behavior
- Collaborating with designers to develop images, gifs, and videos that amplify the meaning of each campaign
- Leveraging tools like AppAnnie to stay up to date with the latest growth marketing trends and bringing new ideas to the team for how to improve key metrics
What are we looking for in a team member?
- 2+ years of experience managing projects on an engineering, product, marketing team, or something else!
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, and a good grasp of basic statistics
- An empathetic mindset to be able to understand the user journey to craft messages and campaigns to meet users where they are
- A person who enjoys finding new ways to add value to our members and the business
- Highly organized and comfortable navigating ambiguity, and juggling conflicting priorities
- An entrepreneurial mindset who gets excited about being scrappy to spin up experiments, test ideas, and iterate on learnings
- Someone who can balance between big, risky ideas and small, easier changes
- A positive attitude and the ability to resolve issues with best practices, processes, and strategies
- Someone who lives the Lose It! Values of being Purpose Drive, Humble, Inclusive, Transparent, An Owner, and Results Oriented
- Experience working with consumer-facing products or apps is a plus
- Experience with SQL is a plus
If you're ready to apply, send your resume and a quick intro to: [email protected] Please include the position title in the subject.
However, if you don't feel like you check off 100% of the technical requirements - but possess a growth mindset and the determination to learn and succeed - reach out to us anyway! We'd love to chat and learn more about what you can bring to this role. You can contact the hiring manager, Erin Webster-Shaller, via LinkedIn or email at [email protected] .
Here's a quick look at what the interview process looks like for this role. Most of these meetings will be conducted virtually, with an option to meet in person for the Presentation & Working Session.
What We Have to Offer
When we are together in the office, it's in the heart of downtown Boston in a modern workspace which matches our personality. We have the energy of a start-up culture but with the stability of a profitable business with plans for the future. It's never been a more exciting time to work in tech - come share in our success.
Lose It! offers incredible benefits, flexible hours, and a balanced approach to work and life. Here are some of our perks and benefits for full-time employees:
- 100% of monthly health, dental and vision care insurance premiums, less $1 nominal fee (50¢ per pay period) and an HRA component which pays 100% of any deductible amount
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA & DCA)
- 401k plan and matching program
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Bonus Program
- Medical/Parental leave benefits
- Generous paid time off, flexible hours and summer Fridays
- 1+ weeks for you and your family on our summer retreat
- Gym membership or wellness reimbursement
- Commuter subsidization and prime location for public transportation
- Casual dress code
- Frequent company outings and trips
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 our employees have been working remotely from their homes and some office related benefits are currently not active and/or have shifted while employees are working remotely including the addition of a one time home office stipend to reimburse employees for equipment costs. While we would love to be back in the office soon, employee health is a priority for us. All employees will have the option to work remotely minimally through September 2021 and we will adjust that date if needed.
- Lose It! Website
- Get the Lose It! app
- Our company blog
- Glassdoor Profile
- Built In Boston Profile
Employment at Lose It! is based solely on a person's qualifications. Lose It! does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, alienage, citizenship status, ethnicity, partnership status, caregiver status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or union membership, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are committed to maintaining a respectful work environment and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Violation of our Anti-harassment policy will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.