Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Our Global Data Governance Program Manager will serve as a key leader partnering cross-functionally to deploy and maintain scalable product and business data governance processes and programs. Initially utilizing and building upon current tools and processes, but further developing and maturing the program, the Global Data Governance Manager will generate (proffer) solutions, seek feedback and achieve consensus on the future state data governance program. The role will maintain an overall awareness of regulations, laws, and security requirements while driving a strategic set of governance expansion projects to focus on integrity, consistency, and Nuance’s standing in the marketplace. This individual will work from our Burlington, MA offices once we Nuance goes back to working on-site later in 2021.
The role sits in the Corporate Legal, Privacy Department working directly for the Chief Privacy Officer. They will work with all business divisions in support of Sales, Customer Success, Product Management, Security etc. The role is responsible for managing the data governance program which includes the deployment, execution, measurement, tracking and reporting on risks and mitigation activities. This position also serves in a data owner role as per the Data Governance framework within the program.
- Provide company-wide guidance, best practices, data classification, and support to develop and promote data governance, to ensure real-time trusted and consistent data is communicated with internal and external partners.
- Gain a working understanding of Nuance products and services and how global regulations/laws apply.
- Identify potential areas of global risk associated with data governance and communicate accordingly.
- Develop and lead a Global Data Governance Committee consisting of subject matter experts from areas such as legal, security, sales support, operations, corporate and meet with the Committee and stakeholders to provide regular updates, overcome roadblocks and challenges.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Data Governance plan and monitor adherence to the plan. Review update and revise the plan and processes and communicate to stakeholders.
- Measure returns on investment on all data governance initiatives for potential pivots.
- Develop a change management process to include Privacy by design/ Security by design.
- Develop a CAP remediation and evidence repository process for all client risks assessments.
- Ensure all stakeholders are trained and well-versed in data governance processes.
- Serve as escalation for customer inquiries regarding privacy and security issues/questions/agreements. Manage and coordinate requests, inquiries, and/or investigations.
- Define and execute data standards, definitions, and classification roadmap.
- Identify potential areas where existing data management policies, processes, tools require change or where new ones need to be developed to ensure governance objectives are met.
Education: Bachelor’s degree - MBA preferred or equivilant experience.
- 5+ years experience with Global Data Governance in a regulated technology industry (ideally Healthcare IT or Financial).
- Expertise in Program/Project Management in a service-based global organization leading transformational change programs (PMP Certification preferred)
- Demosntrated ability to successfully build comprehensive project plans consisting of business analysis findings, strategic direction, data supported conclusions and time lines.
- Strong background in contract negotiation, preferably in the privacy or security space.
- Deep knowledge of business process development, management, and continuous improvement (i.e. Lean Thinking/Six Sigma)
- Proven communication skills with C-level executives and senior management including the ability to create and deliver executive level presentations.
- A highly resourceful individual who is comfortable working with ambiguity, strong emotional intelligence and emotional resilience, a confident presence, collaborative, detail, and quality oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of best practice pre-sales, training, customer facing dialog.
- Knowledge of speech recognition and transcription systems.
- Basic knowledge of electronic medical records systems, electronic physician documentation, biomedical informatics, Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Clinical Language Understanding (CLU).
- Familiarity with agile software development environment and processes.
- Experience working with Product Management functions.
Travel: Up to 5%, including international travel if needed.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.