Enterprise/Mid Market Technical Services Manager
In this role you will provide direct operational leadership and oversight of the Enterprise and Mid-Market segments of the Implementation, Configuration and Services Delivery functions. This person will work with Restaurant Success, Customer Success, Sales and other company leaders to provide an exceptional customer experience across the Toast product suite from the close of the Sales Cycle to the handoff to Account Management. This person’s teams will be tasked with providing strategic and consultative professional services delivery expertise to a portfolio of customers, while driving revenue growth, operational efficiency and quality initiatives to improve the customer experience and employee health.
The Manager of E/MM Technical Services will be responsible for driving the team’s delivery and technical services success across the Toast product suite through exceptional people and operational leadership, and focus on customer empathy and success. The team is made up of Enterprise Implementation Consultants, Configuration Specialists and Enterprise Training Consultants. In addition to ensuring successful delivery of technical services, s/he will be responsible for developing, getting buy-in and rolling out new professional services across the portfolio (e.g. Menu Management, Premium Technical Support, Corporate Training). The ideal candidate will be a proven exceptional people manager adept at navigating a complex cross-functional landscape, demonstrate prior experience stabilizing and growing an Enterprise-level Technical Services Team at scale, possess a keen ability to empathize with and garner quick trust from customers, be a strong internal and external advocate for those customers and have a proven track record of leading customer-facing teams through rapid change and transition. In addition, developing, socializing, and gaining alignment on strategic approaches to solve and plan for customer success is paramount. S/he will have experience negotiating with and navigating third party vendor relationships, quality and performance. S/he is a hungry learner who gravitates towards issue ownership, accountability, creative revenue growth and leadership. Toast is a rapidly-evolving and growing technology company that demands high performance and quick thinking and action from its managers. This is a hands-on position that requires both strategic and tactical approaches and capabilities.
What you will do:
- Drive E/MM Technical service teams’ productivity, including facilitating weekly meetings to review the queue and offering assistance where needed
- Lead consistent 1:1's with team, foster open communication, offer feedback and coach on challenges the team communicates
- Act as the escalation point for Technical Services
- Take an active role in training new team members during Orientation on best practices
- Motivate team members, recognizing high performance and rewarding accomplishments
- Picking up / managing reassignment during overflow or PTO / sick coverage
- Communicate and collaborate with Customer Success and Sales Managers on developing new services, developing playbooks, executing on-time with high quality and providing a culture of continual process improvement
- Work with Services, Support and Restaurant Success leaders to set clear and realistic team goals
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Discover training needs and provide coaching and mentoring in day-to-day operations
- Manage relationships with third party vendors providing services on behalf of the Technical Support Team
- Follow Toast practices to manage and scale a team of 8 resources.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 4+ years Management in a Technical Services environment with teams of varied responsibilities, preferably in a high growth technology company
- Experience driving efficiency through standardized process and metrics
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent follow up and problem solving skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-past environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to stay results-oriented and deliver an outstanding customer experience
- Experience with third party vendors in a professional services environment
- Experience in the Restaurant and/or Hospitality space is preferred
- Prior experience using Salesforce and/or other Professional Services and dispatching tools
- Prior experience implementing, training and configuring Toast is a strong plus
10-20% travel, primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.