Enterprise Merchant Specialist at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 150,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Enterprise Merchant Support Specialists serve as “junior brand managers” for clients who are below the Enterprise threshold (of 25+ locations, $50mm in sales, or of unique strategic importance). They work tickets (via inbound & outbound phone and email), advise on, create and troubleshoot campaigns, translate reporting, and assist with any and all other merchant-related issues. They also proactively monitor location activity and reach out to troubleshoot locations who are transacting significantly less than usual, or not at all. Finally, these agents may, at their discretion, terminate non-transacting or unresponsive clients, as well as locations who opt out willingly.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Tickets & Phones
- Staff an inbound dedicated merchant phone line
- Work a queue of high-priority merchant tickets
- Refresh location-level and merchant-level order ahead hours and menus upon request
- Merchant Retention & Troubleshooting
- Proactively monitor SMB and Agency locations for dips in transaction volume, or for locations that stop transacting entirely; reach out via phone and email as necessary to those locations to troubleshoot until they are back up and running
- Actively attempt to “resell” locations that request termination
- Terminate clients who are unresponsive, closed, or who opt to terminate, at the agent’s discretion
- Sub-Enterprise Brand Management
- Serve as a dedicated account management team to our SMBs and to our Agency clients who have fewer than 25 locations
- Advise on and create campaigns on our merchants’ behalves
- Resolve reported discrepancies in LevelUp and POS reports; this may include finding and reporting a bug, or solid math skills
- Occasionally serve as liaison between the merchant and the POS dealer to ensure merchants are installed and running with LevelUp prior to launch; triage tickets to POS Ops as necessary
- Proactively onboard new locations
- Documentation & Training
- Maintain pertinent external knowledge base articles for merchants either as deflection or to provide resources if they call in
- Create a new Merchant-dedicated section within our internal knowledge base
- Run job shadowing with new merchant team agents to bring them up to speed
- Update merchant Salesforce records with changes in ownership
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.