Engineering Project Manager at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Engineering Project Managers are the glue that brings cross-functional teams together to continuously improve our products. By collaborating across technical support, field quality and product development they drive Sustaining Engineering projects from issue report to implemented solutions.
You will be responsible for scoping, prioritizing and delegating projects to various engineering teams, then overseeing execution and close out. If you want exposure to design engineers through senior leadership across hardware, software, product management, sustaining engineering, manufacturing and materials functions join our team today as an Engineering Project Manager.
- Responsible for managing the planning and execution of product improvement projects both within Sustaining Engineering and across hardware and software engineering teams
- Leading issue tracking, project report-out and strategic planning meetings
- Utilize established project management tool sets such as Agile Scrum, Kanban and waterfall to scope, delegate and track projects
- Monitor and communicate project status and key risks to product stakeholders and senior management
- Own optimization and continuous improvement of the Sustaining Engineering issue escalation and resolution processes
- 1+ year(s) of experience in an engineering environment, with some project or program management responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and managing projects including task delegation, schedule tracking and meeting facilitation
- Ability to work cross-functionally between product, engineering, production, and supply chain personnel. Comfort communicating status and risks to senior management
- Highly collaborative and results driven. Constantly striving to reduce waste, accelerate delivery and boost quality. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, energetic and self-directed. Not afraid to speak up or pivot to a new direction when needed. Natural problem solver
- Excellent organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage concurrent tasks
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.