eCommerce Site Operations Manager
Dawn Foods is looking for a top-notch eCommerce Site Operations Manager to join our new Digital Innovation Hub. We are a leading global bakery manufacturing and distribution organization with 100 years of history. The Food Services industry is just now waking up to digital ways of working and Dawn is leading the charge. We built our Digital innovation hub in Boston’s Back Bay and staffed the start-up with top talent from leading Boston eCommerce firms like Blueport Commerce, Keurig, BJ’s, Staples and Wayfair. The Boston office has a broad mandate to drive the company’s digital capabilities and reports to our Boston-based Chief Digital Officer. Come join the fun as we transform a company and disrupt an industry.
This effort in building out digital capabilities from the ground up will be a journey. And you would have a seat at the table as we work in an agile fashion to determine how we work and what outcomes we drive. This is a start-up opportunity in every sense which requires the team to be nimble. You will have a wide influence on building online ordering capabilities for our bakery customers, conceptualizing new digital solutions to drive customer lifetime value, and shaping our overall customer experience. In this role, you will own the daily and weekly site operations. You will interface with every member of the Boston team as well as functional business leaders in our company’s home office. This role will be located in our Boston based Digital Hub.
In this role, you will have a direct and tangible impact on our Digital team, our company, and our customers. The chosen candidate will combine an understanding of what drives e-commerce sales with a passion for user experience to improve site merchandising strategy and build an unparalleled shopping experience.
What you will do:
- Serve as subject matter expert on merchandising and performance and advocate for customer
- Drive site improvements through development and execution of strategic tests and cross-functional projects that will improve conversion rate and drive revenue growth
- Analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve merchandising and the customer experience, formulating concrete proposals to drive measurable change
- Support our Product Information Management platform, helping stakeholders build and maintain catalog structure and contribute to efforts to move product information to our ecommerce platform
- Partner across organization to drive collaborative projects to completion and ensure cohesive customer experience
- Perform daily merchandising and maintenance updates on site
- Build valued working relationships across teams as well as with stakeholders and senior management
- Troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues and partner with engineering to flag, monitor and resolve
- Demonstrated skill with site management, digital marketing, and/or other relevant experience, including necessary technical tools and processes
- Passionate about the customer with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior
- Experience working with data and making data-driven decisions. Well versed in web analytics.
- Ability to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations to coherent action plans, balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high-quality standards and customer value
- Must be capable of gracefully managing multiple projects and handling shifting priorities.
- Strong balance of analytical skills and creative thinking
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to build strong relationships across multiple stakeholders and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to quickly learn the necessary technical tools. Experience with SQL a plus
- An inquisitive and confident yet humble team player
- BS/BA required
- ~10% travel
- 5+ years overall experience, 3+ years experience in ecommerce/digital operations & merchandising
- Experience with Product Information Management and Content Management System tools
- Sense of urgency with a desire to move quickly
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.