Donor Experience Program Manager at EverTrue
EverTrue provides software and services to support fundraising efforts at higher education and K-12 institutions. By connecting school's data with dynamic insights from various 3rd party integration partners, EverTrue provides advancement professionals with everything they need to engage alumni, raise support, and measure success.
EverTrue’s mission is to build relationships in pursuit of a better world. We seek to deliver on this mission through the people we employ and partner with, the values we embrace as a company, and the software and services we offer.
EverTrue embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We value a team that brings a variety of backgrounds, viewpoints, and skills to the table. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we will be. The company values autonomy, trust, respect, and passion. The team strives to share knowledge, celebrate accomplishments, solve interesting technical problems, and have fun along the way.
Today, many of the largest universities in the country and more than half of the US World and News top 100 colleges and universities in the US rely on EverTrue. We are headquartered in Boston but remote friendly, with close to half of the company fully distributed across the US.
Backed by Bain Capital Ventures and University Ventures, the company is cash flow positive and is fortunate to be expanding the team today despite the broader economic uncertainty.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial team leader to join our growing, mission-driven team of Donor Experience Program Managers (DXPM). The DXPM will work with our Donor Experience Program clients and their Donor Experience Officers (DXOs) to help marry inside-sales workflows and strategy with fundraising, relationship-building and stewardship workflows, in order to engage, renew and reactivate donors for the institution. DXOs are client employees dedicated to the Donor Experience Program at their respective institutions, responsible for executing highly-personalized, technology-enabled, 1:1 outreach at scale. The DXPM will be responsible for managing, training, and coaching each Donor Experience Officer to ensure they are achieving their personalized outreach, engagement, and fundraising objectives.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of 1-to-1 fundraising best practices, modern sales and account management principles, experience leveraging those principles to manage high-performing sales teams, and optimizing sales processes and workflows. In addition, the candidate will be excited to take ownership of their Donor Experience Programs, think critically, and constantly strive for excellence.
In addition to working with our close-knit team at EverTrue and talented teams of development professionals at leading higher-ed institutions, the DXPM will have the opportunity to change the status quo of higher education fundraising.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Manage Donor Experience Programs at various institutions.
- Host regular “stand-up” meetings with DXOs and relevant client team members.
- Host regular one-on-one meetings with each DXO to review performance.
- Track and measure program results, DXO performance, activities and goal attainment.
- Actively manage and make changes to talk tracks, cadences or other areas to optimize donor conversion rates.
- Report on relevant metrics to the client's leadership team and internal EverTrue management.
- Review DXO meetings and calls to facilitate coaching and best practices sharing.
- Work closely with other EverTrue DXPMs to facilitate cross-customer communication, collaboration and sharing of best practices across EverTrue’s Donor Experience Programs and DXOs.
- Provide ad-hoc encouragement and coaching to DXOs.
- Contribute to internal EverTrue business development efforts.
- Aid clients in the hiring and training of DXOs, including helping with the implementation of technologies used as part of the program including EverTrue, sales enablement software, and others.
- Serve as an expert on the technologies used as part of the program and best practices associated with each.
- 2+ years of experience managing high-velocity, outbound business development, sales, fundraising, or account management teams.
- 1+ years of direct ask experience in higher education and/or non-profit frontline fundraising.
- Proven track record of successful, long-term client relationship management.
- Hands-on experience with multi-channel sales, fundraising, or account management techniques including the use of technology to enable these efforts (i.e. Sales Enablement Technology, Social Selling Platforms, etc).
- Experience building, testing, optimizing and documenting fundraising or sales programs and processes.
- Strong understanding of sales and fundraising performance metrics and the ability to creatively utilize data to synthesize and set goals.
- Excellent problem solving and objection handling skills.
- Self-motivated and positive professional with a team-first optimistic attitude, eager to embody our client’s spirit and engage donors at high velocity in a personalized manner.
- Experience with, or a demonstrated understanding of Development CRM software (e.g. Advance, Blackbaud, Salesforce, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge of EverTrue's cloud platform is a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours (i.e. Eastern and/or Pacific time).
- Ability to travel to client offices (expect < 15% of the time).
- Flexible location and remote-friendly work policy.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Full Benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability plans.
- 401k savings plan with company matching.
- Pre-Tax commuter and parking plans.
- Unlimited Vacation + “TrueAdventure” bonus, which pays for an annual vacation.
- Annual “TrueProfessional” bonus for conferences/workshops/classes.