Distribution Strategy and Transformation Lead at Humana Studio_h
Humana is a Fortune 100 healthcare company with a long history of successful innovation and reinvention. For more than 50 years Humana has been a proven leader and innovator in the health and wellness industry. A passionate emphasis on people, choice, well-being, and innovation guide our business practices and culture. We’re not just a health insurance company, our diverse lines of business position us to serve millions of people with a wide range of needs, including seniors, military members, and self-employed individuals.
The Healthcare Strategy team supports Humana’s Retail business segment, which is comprised of the company’s Medicare and Medicaid businesses. With over 9 million medical members and ~$56B in 2019 revenue, Retail is Humana’s largest business segment, comprising almost 90% of the company’s total revenue and the majority of its earnings. Team members partner with the senior leaders of the Retail business segment, and more broadly with leaders throughout the enterprise, as they deliver strategy projects addressing some of the businesses most important opportunities and challenges.
One of the top strategic priorities within Humana’s Retail segment is achieving ambitious growth through an innovative, differentiated, and digital-driven Medicare distribution strategy. Rapidly advancing technologies, evolving consumer preferences, and new models of working are all shaping the future of Medicare distribution.
As a Distribution Strategy and Transformation Lead, you will serve as a thought-partner with senior Sales and Distribution Leadership on large, transformative initiatives addressing pressing opportunities, and challenges, perform targeted research and analysis, and craft bold and innovative recommendations. Your strategy and analysis will guide Medicare Sales and Distribution Leadership as they advance Humana’s distribution model into our future-state vision.
- Managing high-profile, high-impact strategy projects from developing an approach to delivering recommendations and final deliverables
- Partner with Senior Retail Leadership, including Sales and Distribution Leaders, to develop strategies for the Retail business unit, include sales and distribution strategy
- Develop high quality analysis and deliverables that clearly frame growth objectives, issues/challenges, and articulate compelling, insightful findings, conclusions, and recommendations
- Conduct interviews, working sessions, and report-outs with leaders across the company
- Oversee industry, market, competitor, and financial analysis
- Work collaboratively with fellow team members and leaders across the company
Sample project work:
- Collaborating with Medicare Sales and Distribution leadership to develop/evolve Humana’s 3 year distribution transformation strategy, including identifying strategic recommendations for the CEO, C-Suite and Board of Directors
- Working with technologists, operators, and data-scientists to develop strategic recommendations for creating a best-in-class, personalized, omni-channel sales experience
- Developing Humana’s Medicare distribution M&A strategy, in collaboration with Retail and Corporate Development leadership
- MBA, MA/MS, PhD, or graduate degree in a management field, with outstanding academic credentials
- 1-3+ years of full-time, post-graduate degree work experience with a top tier strategy or management consulting firm
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage strategy engagements from conception to final deliverables
- Highly collaborative, flexible, team oriented working style
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to perform complex qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Ability to quickly build and maintain trust with senior business leaders
- Prior healthcare industry experience, preferably in the managed care or provider sector
- Prior casework experience in sales, distribution or marketing
The preferred location for this position will be New York NY, Boston MA, Chicago IL, Washington DC or Louisville KY