Director of Project Delivery at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
As the Director of Workplace Strategy and Program Management, you will execute on strategic real estate objectives and oversee multiple projects and activities. You will use your highly analytical skill set and passion for understanding human behavior to manage Toast’s workplace strategy and design. In this role, you will also support the real estate team on managing an active portfolio of properties and projects.
About this roll*:
- Contribute to the achievement of Toast’s strategic and operational Real Estate objectives
- Build workplace standards across a global, diversified portfolio and ensure teams are adhering to Toast standards and best practices
- Evaluate, select, and manage oversight of outside consultants, contractors and vendors for workplace strategy, design, engineering and construction projects and initiatives
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure the right people are in the room for each project
- Manage a team of project and design resources, and ensure they are trained, supported and have a clear professional development path
- Utilize strong oral, written, consultation, and negotiation skills to drive and manage change across all real estate projects
- Regularly report on project/program status - build consistent project portfolio dashboards and capital spend for review by senior/executive leaders
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in workplace design, planning, development and management of real estate construction projects
- Experience building, managing, and developing a high performing team during hypergrowth
- “Roll-up-your sleeves” attitude with an eagerness to work in the unpredictable operating environment of a fast growing company
- Ability to persuade and negotiate at the executive level
- Experience with IWMS system
- Experience in AutoCAD
- PMP Certification or some other project management certification
*Bread puns encouraged but not required