Director, Product Management
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal.
Acquia's product organization is seeking a Director of Product Management to grow a significant portion of our $100M+ Cloud portfolio. This individual would be responsible for developing product strategy across a rolling six to eighteen-month time frame defining the approach, managing the financial growth, and ensuring we are constantly focused on solving our customer’s and partner’s hairiest challenges. This individual will work with Technical Leads, Scrum Masters, and Service Engineering Team to build/execute roadmaps, define requirements, establish priorities and optimize the product’s market and technical potential.
Reporting directly to Acquia’s Experience Factory Product Line Director you will have the opportunity to present your strategy directly to executive leadership articulating product strategy and defending product growth expectations. You will be expected to work closely with Product Marketing to develop a go-to-market and expansion strategy. Lastly, you will also lead enablement efforts across the organization and with our partners ensuring organizational readiness in accordance with roadmap milestones.
Let’s build something great together!
- Work with customers, partners, and internal stakeholders (Operations, Support, etc.) to define the product experience, bridging high-level business requirements and functional specifications to ensure clear communication and coordination across business, engineering, operations and support teams
- Develop business case justification and financials to support investments in platform
- Create and manage product roadmap, prioritization, tradeoffs and constraints
- Communicate roadmap and technical capabilities to customers, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Assess current and emerging technologies and market/industry trends to inform platform strategy
- Manage a cross functional team that successfully delivers and enables product initiatives across the product development life cycle
- Provide transparency into the product life cycle process by making available progress reports and publishing key performance metrics
- Manage rapid prototyping activities and facilitate data driven decision process while following Lean UX and Agile principles
- Work closely with stakeholders, partners, and customers to understand requirements and priorities
- Identify, assess, manage and escalate risks and impediments, as well as drive and manage change across the board
- Enable close cooperation across all roles and functions and enact lean agile values and practices.
- Institutionalize best practices for Program Management to ensure consistent delivery of high quality products/solutions that delight our customers and partners
- 5+ years of taking products to market using agile methodologies, disciplines, practices and techniques for the delivery of new and legacy applications
- Experience in writing business cases and creating pricing strategies / models
- Experience in software / technology firms is required, SaaS or PaaS is desirable
- Ability to establish priorities while balancing complex technical and business requirements
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to coordinate and lead cross-functional teams
- Experience with Cloud technologies, web content management, distributed systems, and the latest trends in digital experience management
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills with audiences ranging from developer to executive
- Passion to improve processes, increase velocity, and promote empathetic, collaborative relationships a must
- Experience with FedRAMP, HIPAA, SOC1, SOC2, and other compliance regulations and security protocols a plus
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.