Vendr is forever changing how companies buy and renew SaaS. With over $550+ million in SaaS purchases across 1,200+ suppliers, the Vendr SaaS buying platform enables the world’s fastest-growing companies to purchase SaaS, without friction and at a fair price. Headquartered in Boston with a second location in Charleston and over 130+ employees, we are building a team that can take us to the future state of frictionless buying. Some customers include HubSpot, The Washington Post, and DraftKings.
In March 2021 we announced that we raised $60 million at a $600 million valuation for our Series A, backed by Tiger Global (2021), Craft Ventures (David Sacks), Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher & Guy Oseary), Y Combinator, and others.
Since 2018, we have:
- Managed $550M+ in software spend
- Saved $99M+ for our customers
- Given our customers thousands of hours back to focus on the important parts of their job
And we’re just getting started. This is your chance to join as we enter hyper-growth and make a massive impact, forever changing the way people buy and sell B2B SaaS.
The Director of Procurement Innovation will be tasked to help establish Vendr as the thought leaders in SaaS procurement. As the face and voice of Procurement at Vendr, this leader will have ownership of several strategic initiatives.
What you'll do:
- In-house Procurement Expert: help our new customers through executive level alignment to to prescribe and roll out an end-to-end streamlined and simplified process for SaaS procurement; communicate deal cycle improvements to existing customers; solve for the highly differentiated processes around legal and security to reduce turnaround times; and implement strategic initiatives during onboarding to reduce time to value
- Content Creation and Thought Leadership: work with the marketing team to create content and establish thought leadership (IE: Webinars, Podcast, Blog)
- Build the Vendr Procurement Community: help to build a community network for procurement leaders
- Executive Buyer Training: work with the Director of Buying to create more consistent and scalable buying processes to help us grow from 200 customers to 1000; provide product knowledge and SaaS-specific training; and build repeatable playbook for large value suppliers to maximize impact on critical deals
- Specialized Procurement: Cloud Services Procurement (ex: AWS EDP) - work with Engineering teams to take advantage of AWS internal programs, forecasting, etc. for ideal outcomes and discounting models; and work with buyer team to further specialize in department or category-specific SaaS suppliers
- Align with Product on Automation/Enhancements: help define product market fit and build out new product lines to provide internal/external efficiencies and value
- Product Market Fit: work with Sales and GTM teams to better understand the Procurement Persona, customer journey and product market fit
- Professional Services/Consulting Function: manage end to end evaluation of multiple products: Consultancy/Product expertise internally at Vendr or with partner network; and Multi-bidding (fast track RFP)
What we need:
- 5+ years of experience in a procurement function
- Experience using procurement tools such as Coupa, ServiceNow, or similar
- Experience using technology to speed up or enhance a procurement process
- Experience with Salesforce/AWS/GCP negotiations
Vendr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. While we are interested in qualified applicants who are permanently eligible to work for any employer in the United States, we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship for employment visas at this time.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description